Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $59,179–$71,038 a year
Location : Manitoba
FI3 Financial Officer 3
Winnipeg Remand Centre, Correctional Services
Advertisement Number: 39594
Salary(s): FI3 $59,179.00 - $71,038.00 per year
Closing Date: August 7, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
The Manager, Financial Services, provides leadership and direction to the Winnipeg Remand Centre's budgeting, cash flow projections, variance and analysis, and annual financial reports.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Security Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Internal Security Check
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in providing leadership, coordination and supervision of staff
- Financial accounting experience including cash flow forecasting, budget preparation, expenditure monitoring/control and varied financial reporting
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and their application in the public sector environment
- Experience with the interpretation and preparation of complex documents as well as providing recommendations within specific policies or legislation
- Experience assessing the effectiveness of internal control systems
- Experience with SAP or similar computerized accounting systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with other departmental staff, external agencies, other professionals and the general public
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to details and ensure accuracy of work
- Experience working with Microsoft Office or equivalent software, with emphasis on using spreadsheet applications
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of policies and procedures, including General Manual of Administration (GMA) and the Financial Administrative Manual (FAM)
Reporting to the Superintendent and the Divisional Comptroller on matters of budget and the Assistant Superintendent, Operations on matters pertaining to relevant operations and receives general guidance and direction from both the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent, Operations. The Manager, Financial Services, evaluates and analyzes financial implications and new accounting applications, as well as advises the Superintendent of policies regarding administrative and financial concerns for audit purposes.
This position directly supervises, provides direction, supports and trains up to ten administrative and financial support staff and is a part of the senior management team.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.