Company : Nunavut Government
Salary : $68,499 a year
Location : Nunavut
This employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit who reside in Rankin Inlet only.
This is a Position of Trust and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Clerk will provide entry level accounts payable and accounts receivable services in terms of data entry, verification and basic reconciliation as well as assigned general administration services, in accordance with established policy, procedures and financial controls. The finance clerk will ensure accurate and timely processing of transactions and accurate financial reports while providing effective client service. This position will be assigned administrative responsibilities such as travel and contacts with internal and external service providers and stakeholders.
The Finance Clerk will process financial transactions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, receipting or travel documents in accordance with financial policy and procedures. Verify and complete accurate calculations, signatures, commitments, expense vouchers and supporting documentation prior to system entry. Maintain and track logs of invoices, enter data into the Free Balance financial system, generate reports and conduct basic reconciliations. The incumbent will maintain complete and accurate files and aid in the filing, year-end storage, destruction and archiving of records.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are normally acquired through a High School Diploma and a minimum of 1-year general office experience. Experience in using a financial accounting system is an asset. Experience in using word processing applications, databases or spreadsheets are definite assets.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktut, English and French. Applicants may submit their resume in any of the official languages of Nunavut. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages would be considered an asset. Knowledge of Inuit communities, culture, land, Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit, Inuktut and experience working in a northern cross-cultural environment are also considered assets.
Acceptable combinations of education and experience may be considered for this position. We encourage you to apply if you have equivalent years of education and/or experience equal to the education and experience requirements listed above.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.