|Facilities Maintenance Worker|
Facilities Maintenance Worker
Company : District of North Vancouver
Salary : $27.43–$32.23 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Home to vast parkland and attractions including Grouse Mountain, Lynn Canyon and Capilano Suspension Bridge, the District of North Vancouver is inspired by nature, and enriched by people. Designated one of BC’s Top Employers for 4 years, the District offers exciting professional development opportunities and a competitive total compensation package including a nine day fortnight and remote work options. This is an exciting time to join the District, as we embark on a range of initiatives to transform digital service delivery, customer experience, and our approach to climate action. Known for being a flexible, family-friendly employer with an inclusive workplace culture, the District of North Vancouver offers an exceptional workplace culture. If you are civic-minded and interested in making an impact on people and businesses on the beautiful North Shore, consider working for the District of North Vancouver.
We have a full-time opportunity available within our Facilities Department for a Facilities Maintenance Worker to help support the effective operation of District building assets. In the role, you will perform routine building and site condition inspections, respond to service and after-hours emergency calls, identify and assess occupant complaints, and perform minor repairs or servicing as required. Assigned tasks may include; operational duties for heating and ventilating equipment and related support systems; performing a variety of minor plumbing and carpentry tasks; moves, installs, and configuration of workstations and equipment as directed; schedule and escort contractors to ensure service and safety standards; access and maintain computerized records related to the work. You will exercise considerable independent judgement and action in day-to-day activities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in building maintenance, servicing and repair work;
- Sound knowledge of the functions and operations of heating, ventilation, plumbing and electrical equipment and related systems;
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and assess issues, and perform minor repairs or servicing as required;
- Ability to identify potential problems and to operate, maintain and make minor repairs to heating and ventilating equipment and related systems;
- Ability to read, understand, interpret technical drawings and specifications as it relates to the work;
- Ability to use computerized systems to access information, adjust controls, and maintain records;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Skill in the use and care of the tools related to the work.
Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by technical courses related to the work plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence is required.
If you have what we’re looking for and have a passion to serve people and the community, and a demonstrated commitment to supporting a healthy and safe workplace, we would like to hear from you. Please apply on-line with your resume and cover letter at https://careers.dnv.org by August 21, 2022, to be considered for this competition.
We respectfully acknowledge the Coast Salish peoples, specifically the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), on whose ancestral lands the District of North Vancouver is located.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise
that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
The wage range for this unionized position is $27.43 – $32.23 per hour (2021 rates) based on a 35-hour work week.
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants