|Executive Administrative Assistant|
Executive Administrative Assistant
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $4,129–$5,371 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Environment takes a team-based approach to protecting Saskatchewan’s environment for the well being of the province, its people and its future. We use science-based solutions and environmental laws to help safeguard communities and to protect our air, land, water and habitat. We are committed to high citizen and client satisfaction through workplace excellence, continuous improvement and innovation. Our leaders demonstrate the Government of Saskatchewan’s commitment to ensuring workplace health and safety. To learn more about the Ministry of Environment, click here.
The Ministry of Environment is seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented and innovative Executive Assistant to join our Forest Service team in Prince Albert. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, and as a member of the Branch Management Team, you will be responsible for managing all branch administrative functions.
As the Executive Administrative Assistant, you will provide senior level administrative leadership and office management support to the management team by:
- Managing the management team’s calendar through collaboration, prioritization and scheduling;
- Assembling all briefing and background materials for the management team in preparation for meetings;
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating travel and logistics for meetings, training sessions and other events;
- Monitoring administrative processes and making improvements across the branch to ensure optimum efficiency;
- Drafting, recording, proofreading and/or editing a variety of correspondence in accordance with Government of Saskatchewan (GOS) visual identity standards;
- Participating in and coordinating management meetings including drafting and distributing agendas; recording minutes; and, tracking and monitoring action items to ensure timelines are met;
- Managing incoming and outgoing correspondence (referrals, public inquiries, etc) ensuring proper distribution;
- Maintaining manual and electronic filing, bring forward and records management systems;
- Verifying, coding, processing and tracking invoices for approval and payment ensuring policy compliance;
- Ensuring proper fiscal management of branch assets; and
- Coordinate staff hiring (Taleo) and onboarding and offboarding employees.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced administrative professional who is:
- Independent and confident in order to organize, prioritize and proficiently complete multiple tasks while dealing with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines;
- Proficient in managing budget activities and monitoring office expenditures;
- Approachable and collaborative in order to build strong working relationships;
- An exceptional communicator both verbally and in writing;
- Innovative in order to identify and make process improvement recommendations;
- Thorough and accurate to ensure quality work; and
- Adaptable in order to meet new challenges as they arise.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through:
- A combination of formal education in business or office administration, combined with work experience in a similar role; and
- Experience using a variety of computer software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
What we offer
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave;
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangements.
About Prince Albert
The beautiful City of Prince Albert is situated on the North Saskatchewan River in Central Saskatchewan. The North central region of Saskatchewan offers a spectacular variety of recreational attractions and parks. Prince Albert area borders gently rolling farm land suitable for grain and cattle production with beautiful mixed-wood forests that supply our variety of forestry industries while offering many recreational opportunities and species of wildlife. To learn more about Prince Albert visit: https://www.tourismsaskatchewan.com/community/449/prince-albert#sort=relevancy