Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $80,913–$93,848 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is to fill one permanent position. Temporary assignments and underfill hires may be considered.
Highways and Public Works – who we are
Employees at Highways and Public Works are responsible for ensuring safe and efficient public highways, airstrips, buildings, and information systems. Our collective vision is to make a difference in the lives of Yukoners. At all levels of our organization, we value leadership, innovation, teamwork, and keeping our people safe. Our priorities are to be client focused, to support our people, to build sustainably, and to advance reconciliation throughout Yukon.
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Division of Highways and Public Works supports Yukon government’s evolving use of technology. We take time to understand how our clients do business, so we can help them deliver public services as efficiently as possible. We provide expertise in information management, process design, application architecture, networks, software, and telecommunications. As the central source for collecting and distributing Yukon government data and imagery, we give the public access to government information while protecting the privacy of individuals. We employ business analysts, network architects, technicians, IT & IM specialists, and many other technical and administrative professionals.
Reporting to the Systems Architect, this position is responsible for providing senior technical expertise for a broad range of mission-critical corporate services providing enterprise application support throughout the Yukon. The Systems Specialist plays an integral role in managing government servers, services, and applications, as well as providing leadership during implementation of infrastructure improvement projects. A typical week will include deploying, managing virtual workloads in a VMWare and Kubernetes environment and assisting technicians with support requests.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review this information: Apply on a job | Government of Yukon
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume):
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or completion of a college program in computer science or related discipline
- Experience supporting Windows or Linux servers
- Experience working in a VMware/vSphere environment
- Experience in an enterprise environment (Active Directory, DNS, Bash, Power Shell)
- Experience collaborating with clients, developers, and team members to identify and define complex problems and provide technical support
- Experience in containerized Kubernetes or Docker environment would be an asset
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability (what candidates will be assessed on):
- Ability to research information and provide analysis, options, and recommendations
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Self-motivated and committed to continuous learning.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and application technologies
- Ability to work in a team environment to deliver services, solutions or projects effectively.
- Some travel within the Yukon as required.
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact, Rich Termath, Systems Architect at [email protected].
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Vesna Pavkovic, Human Resources Consultant at [email protected].