|Senior Engineer, STS Business Intelligence (Charlottetown)|
Senior Engineer, STS Business Intelligence (Charlottetown)
Company : Invesco
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Prince Edward Island
Invesco is one of the world’s leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.5 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of October 31, 2021)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
UNIX Systems administration experience to include significant Solaris and Red Hat Linux; requires the ability to configure and deploy Solaris/Linux-based complex infrastructure solutions; experience with Solaris system performance tuning; ability to document solutions and test them in a lab environment; and experience with Linux/Solaris disaster recovery. Design and implement Unix/Linux virtualization technologies. Also would like someone with experience in Windows Server technologies and are experienced in integrating Windows authentication with Unix / Linux. Experience with Public, Private and Hybrid cloud architectures.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Determine requirements, develop specifications, architect a solution and then implement it.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of Unix/Linux servers using off the shelf or opensource tools such as Opsware, Oracle Ops Center, Cfengine, Puppet, Chef.
- Familiar with Ontap 7mode and CDOT operating systems for Netapp.
- Performs capacity performance planning and reporting to ensure efficient use of servers and storage
- Participate in project teams to represent the UNIX group and provide input on project architectures
- Develop internal documentation and maintain existing document regarding UNIX environment processes and configurations.
- Experience developing shell scripts and others languages such as Java,Perl,Python,or Ruby as needed for the automation of UNIX system tasks
- Coordinate with application developers and Oracle DBA’s to provide UNIX environments needed to support the development and deployment of applications, databases and backup strategies
- Provide off-hours on-call support for critical systems on a rotating basis with other UNIX team members.
- Secure servers to meet federal regulated requirement for audits in Financial, Investments and Banking industries
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Proficient in Unix/Linux systems administration.
- Familiar with Cloud architecture and technology such as Openstack, AWS, Assure, Mesosphere, etc
- Proficient with DevOps tools such as Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, etc.
- Proficient in NAS/SAN Storage operations
- Experience in a support environment, supporting professional clientele is required
- Knowledge of general storage technologies: iSCSI, FC, FCoE, NAS, Snapshots, SAN-SAN replication is desirable
- Design, install, configure, and maintain all UNIX virtual environments using Oracle Virtual Machine for SPARC and x86, Solaris Zones, KVM and vmware/vcenter.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows interoperability tools such as Centrify,Likewise, Samba and CIFS shares.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
- Experience in deploying servers using native tools such as satellite, kickstart, jumpstart and AI
- Deployment of patches, updates, service packs using both native and 3d party tools
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact and communicate with a variety of individuals at all levels is required
- Organizational skills are required to ensure compliance with corporate standards
- Strong research initiative, a self-starter at locating relevant documentation, support and process assistance
- A continuous improvement mindset with an ability to refine processes to make them more efficient and effective, making more effective use of the resources.
- An ability to think 'outside of the box' with a long term view, when recommending solutions.
- Must possess a solid understanding of software and/or hardware systems used in assigned area.
- Candidates must have an exceptional ability in diagnosing and solving information system problems, while maintaining professional and interpersonal courtesies.
- Must have the ability to manage projects, establish priorities, meet deadlines and concentrate on detailed information in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
- The ability to influence others in a politically correct manner, so that objectives are met, is required
- Candidates must have the ability to motivate and lead others in a positive manner and ensure the group’s work gets done in a timely fashion.
- The ability to cooperate in a team environment is critical.
- A successful candidate will be required to lead and assist in efforts to research networking technologies, propose, design and implement those technologies within the company infrastructure
- The ability to cooperate in a team environment is critical.
- Supports recovery efforts in the event of systems failure or disaster
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- A degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A normal work environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature.
- Intense visual concentration may be required along with the ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent sitting and intermittent walking is also required.
- Hours may include evenings and/or weekends and may include 24 hour a day on call support by pager and/or cell phone.
- Shift work or adjustable work hours are likely.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.