Company : Rio Tinto
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Manager Investigations – Business Conduct Office (EMEA)
- Be a part of capable and supportive team with a flexible work culture
- A great opportunity to advance you career in Corporate Investigations
- Be part of a global mining organisation where everyone is valued and respected
- Permanent role based in London, UK
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Manager Investigations to support the Senior Manager Investigations (EMEA) to work in collaboration with the broader Business Conduct Office. In this role you will be interfacing with investigation participants and various stakeholder groups across all levels of the organisation. You must be capable of managing conflicts, have good negotiation skills and the ability to navigate difficult discussions with participants and stakeholders. You must display exemplary and unquestionable personal integrity and have the ability to take a firm but fair stand, displaying enthusiastic persistence when solving complex issues.
This is a great opportunity for a values guided individual looking to contribute to fair, people-centric investigations and to advance their career within the Corporate Investigations area. Reporting to the Senior Manager Investigations for the EMEA region, you will:
- Conduct trauma-informed and people-centric investigations into allegations of misconduct
- Work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders within our business units, product groups and functions in the implementation of the investigative process and to assist them with managing the welfare of investigation participants
- Collect and maintain comprehensive records of evidence
- Prepare comprehensive investigation reports and be in a position to demonstrate the fair and reasonable basis for all findings, either internally or in an external legal forum if required
- As required, contribute to post-investigative discussions to identify organizational and environmental factors relevant to findings and to assist the business with the Corrective and Preventative Action process, and as it relates to ongoing business integrity risk mitigation and process optimization strategies
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the investigation process
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree level (or equivalent professional investigation accreditations)
- Background in either law, forensic accounting, finance, auditing or human resources
- Significant proven experience in interviewing and report writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Deep experience in forensic analysis of evidence
- Knowledge of internal control frameworks
- Ability to synthesise and evaluate large volumes of data in an efficient and organised manner
- Excellent time management and record keeping
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Where you will be working
You will be part of a global team forming the Rio Tinto Business Conduct Office. The Rio Tinto Business Conduct Office’s mission is to provide an effective business integrity compliance program across the Rio Tinto Group to ensure all employees and third parties working on behalf of Rio Tinto, conduct business in an ethical and compliant manner within all countries where we operate.
Complying with Rio Tinto’s code of conduct (The Way We Work), policies and standards as they relate business integrity and workplace conduct are key priorities of the team. The group also has responsibility for Rio Tinto’s whistle-blower program known as MyVoiceand the continued development of the group’s investigations process including training and conducting of investigations into alleged misconduct..
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every voice matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us valued individuals.