New Job Collection And Enforcement Officer In Saskatchewan
|Collection and Enforcement Officer|
Collection and Enforcement Officer
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $32.21–$39.19 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Finance, Revenue Operations Branch, requires one Collection and Enforcement Officer with proven interpersonal skills, collection experience, and accounting knowledge for a challenging term position, less than 9 months, located in our Regina head office.
As a member of a professional team of collection officers, you will:
- plan and conduct investigations on provincial and inter-provincial businesses to ensure compliance with the filing and remittance requirements of the various statutes administered;
- analyze/review business records in order to determine tax liabilities and to assess the ability to pay;
- interpret and apply legislation when issuing the appropriate legal action to collect the outstanding taxes of the province; and,
- travel throughout the province, as required.
To succeed in this position, you will:
- be detail oriented, analytical, and an individual that thrives on applying initiatives;
- have strong communication, influential, and negotiation skills;
- be respectful, diplomatic, and confident when dealing with difficult or confrontational taxpayers and situations;
- be discreet when handling confidential information; and,
- be a reliable, well-organized person who can work both independently and in a team environment.
In order to qualify for this position, the successful candidate will have knowledge of:
- financial accounting, cost accounting, and auditing principles and practices;
- investigative and legal practices and procedures related to debt collection; and,
- business practices as they pertain to the collection and enforcement of taxes including business records and documents.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities required for this position would be obtained through the completion of an Accounting Diploma or Business Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, supplemented with relevant work experience in the collections field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
For candidates that have obtained equivalent education outside of Canada, it is the candidate’s responsibility to obtain an ICAS Assessment Report by visiting http://www.icascanada.ca/home.aspx. Please include a copy of your transcripts with your application.
Candidates must clearly indicate in their application, resume, or cover letter how they have acquired the skills and abilities required for this position. Candidates will be screened based on the information provided.
What We Offer:
- a competitive salary;
- comprehensive benefits package, included pension;
- vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave);
- career advancement opportunities which includes the ability to progress to senior level collection positions based on your ability to successfully manage progressively more complex files; and,
- inclusive work environment.