|Teacher - Language Specialist|
Teacher - Language Specialist
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Northwest Territories
Dehcho Divisional Education Council
Dehcho Divisional Education Council invites applications for the 2022-2023 school year from certified teachers who are dedicated to teaching and have experience and/or interest in the cultural, linguistic and traditional heritage of the Dene. Liidliii Kue Regional High School is a grade 7 through 12 school. The 110 students are predominantly Dene and Metis. School programs support the language and cultural heritage of students in an inclusive environment that respects the diverse style and needs of all learners.
Available Positions: Teacher - Language Specialist – (indeterminate)
Start date: July 16, 2022
- Must hold, or be eligible for a N.W.T. Professional Teaching Certificate.
- Must have the ability to speak the Dene Zhatie Language.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with students and their parents, in multi-grade situations.
- Should have direct experience with N.W.T. curricula.
- Should have an understanding of the “Our Languages Curriculum”.
- Should have experience in promoting and organizing culturally appropriate activities.
- Promote an inclusionary model of education.
- Practices differentiation in program delivery.
- The ability to teach other courses from 7 - 12 would be an asset.
Interested and qualified applicants will submit a resume, complete with references; the names of previous and current supervisors with a copy of the most recent performance review. Current and previous employers will be contacted for references. The successful applicant must provide a criminal records check. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Closing date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Submit application information to: