Company : Town of Strathmore
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Strathmore is a vibrant, welcoming community that is recognized as a regional hub for business and recreation. Continued investment in recreation facilities, parks projects, commercial revitalization, and community programming provides an exceptional quality of life for our residents and visitors. Strathmore is in southern Alberta on the traditional lands of the Siksika Nation, surrounded by Wheatland County and a short distance east of Calgary.
The Town of Strathmore strives to be a leader in municipal administration and operations. Our team of experienced, engaged professionals deliver a diverse range of services and programs that continue to help us set new milestones for quality of life.
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Finance Clerk will work as part of a team to provide optimal and efficient accounting and administrative support for the Town Office. This role will assist with the functions of the finance and administrative team in order to ensure exemplary service is provided to internal departments, as well as to external customers and clients.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide customer assistance at the Town Office front counter and complete necessary paperwork, ensuring forms are forwarded to the appropriate department
- Provide excellent customer service in responding to phone, mail, and in-person inquiries
- Manage office supplies, and ensure inventory is in stock
- Answer all incoming calls and route them appropriately
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail and deliveries
- Prepare, collect, and reconcile daily cash receipts
- Assist the Utilities and Tax Departments with various duties when needed
- Coordinate the administrative functions of the Strathmore Cemetery and maintain the cemetery database
Competencies & Behaviours:
- Detail focused with an organized approach and ability to prioritize tasks
- Positive attitude with a commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Can work independently as well as cooperatively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of financial processes and reconciliations including strong numeracy skills and high level of accuracy
- Strong diplomacy, relationship-building, and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Post secondary education, preferably in accounting or office administration, with minimum three (3) years related experience in a finance or administrative role
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Related experience with Financial Software, Great Plains, Diamond (Central Square), MS Dynamics, and M-Files would be an asset
- Consent to disclosure of a Criminal Record Check and provision of a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
The Town of Strathmore has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Exemptions are available for those who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (i.e., medical, religious). The successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption as part of the recruitment process.
The work week is Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
Please submit a cover letter and complete resume of experience and qualifications, quoting Competition TOS2022-22 to: [email protected]
This competition will close on Friday, May 13th, 2022.
The Town of Strathmore thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
This posting is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job ad is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.