|Customer Support Representative|
Customer Support Representative
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 147296
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
- Work location: 90 Wynford Drive, North York ON
- Full-time; permanent position
- Working hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday to Friday
As a Customer Support Representative, you will contribute to the overall success of the Canada Collections in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Accurately process, as per documented procedures, all forms of correspondence, including, but not limited to, emails, fax, regular/returned mail, worklist through workflow, internal courier mail and manual letter preparation.
- Accurately process, post and maintain daily transactions on accounts to be Written Out of Records (WOR), assignments of Unauthorized Overdrafts to Collection Agency, chargeback of authorized overdraft accounts for both retail and small business, ensuring all applicable systems of record are documented with actions taken.
- Respond to Customer inquiries when presented through Inbound assigned telephone lines.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance/
- Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Process a minimum of 100 pieces of correspondence daily or the equivalent minimum standard in WOR processing/Overdraft Chargeback processing
- All delinquent Retail and Small Business accounts for Canada supported.
- Direct impact on Customer Experience in the accurate and timely processing of entries/ correspondence.
- Utilize all Host and Collections systems to accurately document and process assigned administrative tasks.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Administration Experience in Collections an asset
- Back Office Domestic Branch Experience an asset
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated effective time management
- Strong communication skills
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.