Company : Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Salary : $41.31 an hour
Location : Alberta
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 70 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Public Works, Roads
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Pay Level: PL8
Start Rate*: $ 41.31
Permanent Rate*: $ 48.51 (Permanent rate effective after twelve (12) months)
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 15/05/2022
Posting Type: External - REPOST (Original Closing Date April 3, 2022)
- All CUPE job rates are under review and are subject to change.
Provides administrative/clerical support services for the administrative area within a specific department including; assembling and summarizing of data; maintaining budgets, financial records and reporting, travel requisitions, filing systems, and record retention; assisting with grant applications, responding to enquiries; producing correspondence, reports, and invoices; and editing and reviewing work performed by peers within the department. Incumbent will be required to preserve the confidentiality and security of all correspondence, documentation and information, properly handle situations and records, and take responsibility for errors in judgement or accuracy.
Provide administrative support to the direct supervisor and Senior Administrative Assistants
- May cover off and act in the absence of Senior Administrative Assistant
- Maintain filing systems and assist with grant applications
- Ensure inquiries are appropriately handled on behalf of the Manager; provide accurate information upon requests and enquiries; exercise sound judgement and maintain sensitivity/confidentiality of material.
- Provide customer service support and services (telephone & front counter) for a variety of clients.
- Liaison with outside organizations and government agencies.
- Provide accurate information and make appropriate referrals.
- Type, distribute, and follow up on correspondence and reports.
- Schedule appointments and meetings, assemble agendas, record and transcribe minutes and prepare general correspondence for distribution, take follow-up action as required and maintain record of outstanding items.
- Collect, compile and assemble reports and statistical information for distribution internally and externally; develop and maintain systems; prepare reports as required.
- Assist in special projects and community consultations & special events.
- Assist with Administrative budget, monthly and annual reporting, and maintaining financial records
- Perform receptionist duties as required.
- Process administrative system duties related to and including new hires, transfers, resignations, and terminations.
- Occasionally edit and review work performed by peers within the Department.
- Process requisitions, work orders and invoices for expenditures or revenue, services and supplies, travel and accommodation arrangements and expenses, etc.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office/stationary supplies.
- Use PCard for required purchases, obtain approvals and submit reconciliations.
- Provide support/back up to other administrative staff within the Department as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Keyboarding speed of 50 wpm and the proven ability to take accurate minutes are required.
- Proven ability to take accurate notes and minutes and ability to accurately record information is required.
- Ability to work independently and accomplish multiple tasks with deadlines.
- Ability to maintain composer and diplomacy in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to preserve confidential information is mandatory.
- Ability to adapt to changing practices and work demands.
- Ability to organize and prioritize in high demand; high workload situations.
- Ability to multi-task (handle several work assignment simultaneously)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two (2) year office or business administration diploma or equivalent is required.
- Three (3) years’ related office experience to include one (1) year practical experience in data input and word processing.
- Additional specialized training in computer software: PC operating systems, word processing and spreadsheet programs would be an asset.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, including all policies, practices, procedures, as well as properly utilizing all control measures including the required use of personal protective equipment. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at RMK Site
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted.
Late applications will not be accepted.