|Citizen Service Representative, ServiceOakville|
Citizen Service Representative, ServiceOakville
Company : Town of Oakville
Salary : $30.55 an hour
Location : Ontario
Open to all current Town of Oakville employees and external applicants
This is a part-time position, working various hours on weekdays between 8:30am and 4:30pm, to a maximum of 24 hours per week.
Reporting to the Supervisor, ServiceOakville, this position is responsible for the timely, professional, courteous and effective handling of all citizen-facing inquiries, service requests and transactions, including those of a sensitive or controversial nature and those affecting public safety. All transactions will be measured with key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Receive requests from a variety of channels; telephone, email and counter and provide accurate information to the public as it relates to a wide variety of town, other government agencies and community services and programs.
- Process and balance a variety of financial transaction types for town services and programs including debit and credit cards following department designated collection procedures and payment options.
- Triage requests, determining information needs and completing requests in a variety of computer-based software applications.
- Enter and maintain online requests, paper files and logs related to service requests.
- Assess complaints to determine citizen’s underlying concern.
- Research cause, analyze gaps, document and track complaints.
- Apply appropriate service and program guidelines to achieve resolution.
- Assist in marketing initiatives and participate in special events and open house sessions.
- Provides management with real-time information that may require immediate changes to information.
- Participate in quality assurance initiatives.
- Act as a resource for newly hired staff through job shadowing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two year Administrative or customer service related diploma is preferred, with a minimum of two years contact centre experience in a multi-channel inbound environment.
- Understanding of municipal, regional, provincial and federal government responsibilities, structure, departments, and municipal services offered. Previous municipal or other government experience is an asset.
- Customer service oriented and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Inquisitive, with demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of the Town of Oakville.
- Advanced communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to diffuse emotionally-charged situations.
- Demonstrated ability to deal pleasantly, professionally and efficiently with the public, Town employees, and elected representatives.
- Solid knowledge of balancing financial transactions and deposit preparation.
- Must be resourceful and have the initiative to perform with little supervision.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to multi-task while accessing multiple systems with accuracy.
- Skilled in core systems including Salesforce CRM, GIS, JDE, CLASS, MS Office, Amanda, AIMS, Moneris, Sharepoint, PRESTO and POS or comparable order entry and cash transaction systems.
Applications for this position must be received at oakville.ca in the employment section no later than midnight on May 3, 2022.
DATED: April 19, 2022
The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of full vaccination in accordance with the town’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Procedure. Accommodation requests for new hires that are unable to get vaccinated against COVID-19 for reasons protected under the Ontario Human Rights Code, must be made in writing to the Human Resources department.
This job profile reflects the general requirements necessary to perform the principal functions of the job. This does not include all of the work requirements of the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate through their application and in the interview process that their qualifications match those specified. Applicants may also be required to undergo testing.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.