|Workforce Project Manager|
Workforce Project Manager
Company : 3+ Economic Development Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Job Title: Workforce Project Manager
Reports to: Workforce Development Director
Date created: January 14, 2022
About 3+ Corporation
3+ Economic Development Corporation is the regional economic development organization for the municipalities of Dieppe, Moncton, and Riverview, New Brunswick. 3+ is funded by the three municipalities, provincial/federal government, and businesses in the private sector as members of our Driving Force. Working in close collaboration with its partners (public, private and not-for-profit sectors), 3+ Corporation leads the region's delivery of future-focused programs which energetically advance sustainable economic growth for the tri-communities.
3+ Corporation help to grow the region's economy through the following services:
- Entrepreneurship and Business start-up
- Workforce Development
- Promotion of Greater Moncton
While acting as a facilitator between other regional, provincial, and federal agencies, this helps maintain the growth of the region's economy, increase the number and success rate of the region's start-ups, provide a streamlined point of contact for business services and ensure greater partnership from government and the private sector.
The Southeast Labour Market Partnership (SLMP) provides strategic direction, guidance, leadership and support for the implementation and monitoring of the Greater Moncton Regional Workforce Development Strategy 2019-2024 (which includes Kent, Westmorland and Albert County). As a member of the dynamic and expanding 3+ Workforce Development Team, this role will ensure that all projects are successfully managed to meet objectives.
The Workforce Project Manager is responsible for providing oversight of the workforce team. This individual is responsible for the successful completion of the various 3+ led SLMP projects, which includes leading internal and supporting external resources to meet the established implementation milestones, targeted completion dates, and keeping all projects within scope and within budget. It is expected that the Workforce Project Manager is capable of managing multiple simultaneous engagements in complex environments (i.e. multiple stakeholders, etc.) The Workforce Project Manager will report to the Director of Workforce Development. This position is a one-year contract.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day project team member activities
- Onboard, supervise and support team staff
- Provide oversight and ongoing evaluation to ensure the successful implementation of the various projects
- Create and administer a project management system
- Successfully manage project scope by maintaining project budget, schedule, and timeline
- Prepare information required for reports relating to SLMP programs for the board, provincial and federal stakeholders, and other stakeholders
- Provides guidance and coaching to project team members
- Participate in SLMP stakeholder meetings and working groups where necessary
- Assist the Director of Workforce Development by communicating and supporting project progress, needs and updates to align with strategic planning and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Workforce Development
- Bachelor's degree or post-secondary diploma in a field related to the responsibilities
- Experience supervising and supporting a dynamic team
- Proven project management experience and ability to demonstrate the capacity to manage multiple projects, including pilot projects and initiatives, effectively
- Proficiency in project management software
- Understanding of the regional economic development eco-system and stakeholders an asset
- Proven ability to work independently, exercising good judgment, decision making and problemsolving skills throughout the completion of all job responsibilities and integration with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong emotional IQ
- Effective customer service, recruitment, or community outreach experience
- Proficiency in MS office environment
- Expertise in planning complicated projects, budgeting and scheduling of resources
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and diplomacy
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced and evolving environment required
The position requires competence in English and French. Please state your language capability.
Please send your cover letter and resume by email in PDF format to [email protected], including "Workforce Project Manager" in the subject line. Submit you resume and cover letter prior to January 28, 2022. Please note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.