|Senior Delivery Lead, Scotia Digital(Remote Vancouver Hub)|
Senior Delivery Lead, Scotia Digital(Remote Vancouver Hub)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 131201
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Senior Delivery Lead, you will act as the Scrum Master and Project Manager within an Agile environment. You will ensure the successful delivery of software products within Canadian Digital Banking. You will lead and support an Agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Design, Analytics) and ensure the Agile methodology and principles are executed effectively. You will identify, escalate and remove release and team impediments. As a Senior Delivery Lead, you will also manage the budget, schedule, risks, issues, reporting and governance of projects.
Is this role right for you?
Agile Project Management
- Tracking projects through each phase of project lifecycle
- Work with all the dependent teams and prepare execution plan
- Working with various teams to achieve end-to-end project delivery
- Ensure milestones are met and project has gone through all approval gates
- Document project status & assist team in maintaining information repositories
- Maintain project risk tracker and communicate project risks to management
- Prepare work back schedules, roadmap and capacity planning at a project level
- Ensure a balance between team capacity and workload is kept in order to achieve a successful project delivery
- Support app releases & rollout related activities
Communication & Collaboration: Stakeholder Management
- Keep all stakeholders up to date on project status and roadblocks
- Ability to set expectations with all stakeholders, execute and communicate accordingly
- Identification of risks and issues that require DF leadership attention
- Ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and Solutions in a simple and logical manner following stakeholder field of expertise
- Ability to work effectively with engineering Sr Managers when needed to remediate risk around project delivery.
- Engage stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation throughout the course of the project.
Communication & Collaboration: Scrum Master
- Contribute to the productivity and happiness of the scrum team
- Supporting project team members in challenging situations (resource / release challenges, cross-team communication)
- Introduce agile engineering best practices
- Scheduling add-hoc meetings to solve for disagreements or ambiguities in order to reduce risk of jeopardizing milestones and or artifacts
- Ease conversations and promote constructive attitude
- Facilitate and ensure healthy communication between project team members
- Scheduling and chairing scrum ceremonies.
- Accountable for conducting regular retros and addressing team’s feedback
- Monitor scrum team progress by preparing reports/charts
- Understanding team strengths and weaknesses in order to improve each phase of the project lifecycle
- Lead by example
- Providing feedback to help improving processes and tools
- Working on aligning best practices across delivery team
- Continuous improvement and learning from other delivery team members
- Take active role on application audit related activities
- Be able to adjust, learn and iterate frequently
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
5 years' experience in managing and delivering complex software projects
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Agile methodology while delivering IT projects. Ideally has Certified Scrum master certification (CSM / PSM)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
- Demonstrates creativity and adaptability when identifying solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationships management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
What's in it for you?
We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.