|Medical Travel Officer - Term|
Medical Travel Officer - Term
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $73,000 - $87,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
This position is located in Fort Simpson and reports to the Territorial Manager, Patient Movement in Yellowknife. The Medical Travel Officer is responsible for the interpretation of medical travel benefit entitlements for all patients and escorts that arrive, stay and depart Fort Simpson. The incumbent must communicate and explain these benefits to their clients and other interested and inquiring parties such health professionals, service providers, etc. while maintaining strict patient confidentiality.
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge of the NWT Health and Social Services system, Canada Health Act, NWT geography and cultures.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry, particularly in northern air travel.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and air transportation terminology.
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge of non-violent crisis intervention techniques.
- Patience tact, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Telephone communication skills and proficiency with various computer programs and the ability to learn programs relevant to the GNWT medical travel department.
- Initiative, time management, judgement and organizational skills to ensure responsive problem solving and decision making.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
Secondary / High School diploma (grade 12) and a minimum of two (2) years of experience working directly with the public in Healthcare or travel industry.
Dehcho HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
9602 100 STREET
FORT SIMPSON, NT X0E 0N0
Tel (867) 695-7233
Fax (867) 695-3254
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.