|Manager - Technology Transformation - Saskatoon|
Manager - Technology Transformation - Saskatoon
Company : EY
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We currently are seeking for experienced Managers in Technology Transformation. Our Technology Transformation Consulting team is focused on helping clients create technology visions, deliver technology enabled business outcomes such as improving business performance or accelerating operational efficiency, transforming employee or customer experiences, all while managing risk and complex stakeholder landscapes. As a Technology Transformation professional, you'll engage with business and government leaders to provide insights and strategic advice for Technology Transformation across organizations. We value your professional development by providing opportunities for you to learn, connect, and grow in our inclusive, purpose-driven, and expertise-sharing environment across the global EY network. If you are looking for a tech-focused, collaborative, and exciting environment and the opportunity to focus on all things in business technology, this could be your role!
Our teams help clients by delivering end to end Technology Transformation solutions, improving business performance, operational efficiency, managing risk, and delivering transformation solutions. This includes the development of highly complex Technology Transformation strategies, defining technology operating models, delivering broader service delivery transformations such as a procurement or outsourcing as well as execution of highly and complex technology enabled program and project delivery. Our teams adopt an Agile mindset where it makes sense from our client point of view, helping them to achieve their transformation goals and focus on value realization.
We provide Technology Transformation services across all sectors and functions and collaborate with other EY teams in many cross-functional engagements.
We are looking for candidates with experience in one or more of the following Technology Transformation capabilities:
- IT-enabled Business Transformation and Value Creation: Help clients design the transformation of their business by leveraging technology-enabled solutions. Help clients uncover opportunities to create incremental business value by transforming digital experiences, business processes and associated enabling technology.
Technology Strategy and IT Operating Model : Help our clients align their technology and digital strategy to the business strategic direction. Capabilities within this include current-state assessments, technology and digital roadmap development, next-generation IT operating model design, sourcing structure, organization design, organizational structure, roles and responsibilities, governance structure, performance, risk management, and sourcing.
Program Delivery: Help client stakeholders on their most complete portfolio & program challenges and to provide advise on program delivery activities such as, program setup & rapid mobilization, scope & cost management, schedule & resource management, project management activities around design, implement and sustain operations, quality management, change management, outcome & benefits management, etc.
Agile: Help clients to design, develop & implement the processes, tools and procedures, as well as the operating model, and to support them to run as an Agile organization, at an enterprise level, accelerating value creation for their organizations.
Technology Procurement and System Selection: Help clients with technology related procurement activities such as, procurement strategy & operating model, category management & sourcing, procurement risk & performance management, supporting complex procurement transactions. Help select and evaluate vendors and systems using proven methodologies developed over years of experience. EY has established a robust vendor capability analysis, vendor and system selection process to evaluate all reasonable alternatives and selecting a fit-for-purpose solution and solution provide.
Outsourcing Advisory Management: Help clients with end-to-end onshore and offshore outsourcing including providing advice on both functional and process outsourcing assignments, including IT and sector aspects. Our capabilities include outsourcing strategy, outsourcing provider selection & contracting, outsourcing management & governance, etc. Our team provides service delivery transformation services for organizations across the entire sourcing lifecycle and help to determine the right mix of in-house and outsourced services. This includes the set-up of Shared Services functions as well.
IT M&A and due diligence: Help clients navigate through merger and acquisition activity by performing IT portfolio reviews to understand the changes required as a result of the transaction. We help our clients chart the best path for growth and competitive advantage, while minimizing costs. Conducting IT due diligence assessments of existing IT capabilities for access to potentially new markets, operational improvements, and successful transactions.
EY's Technology Transformation practice helps clients solve complex and rapidly evolving business challenges through modern, analytical, and strategic technology-enabled solutions
- We drive large-scale transformations forward through setting vision and direction, designing target operating models and roadmaps, establishing effective governance, preparing for technological change, digital transformations and managing programs and relationships.
- We empower our clients to create business value by selecting the right business model, the right vendor and system, enhancing technology capabilities and enterprise architecture, and optimizing processes and performance.
- We guide our clients in determining the right operating model, spectrum of partners and levels of integration required through technology and services.
- We guide our clients in adopting innovative, agile and product management strategies.
- We design and deliver digital transformations to elevate customer, user, and employee experiences.
Our team engages across multiple industries and sectors such as healthcare, government and public services, utilities and energy, private equity, wealth and asset management and much more! We deliver real change and measurable results through our diversity, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our clients to achieve their mission of providing value for people and businesses enabled by technology.
Your key responsibilities
Your role as a Manager will be as a trusted advisor to create meaningful impact with EY’s global clients. An important part of your role will be to actively establish and strengthen internal and external relationships. You'll also identify and drive business opportunities for EY engagements. Similarly, you'll manage projects, demonstrate commitment to high quality work products, anticipate and identify risks within engagements, and enable actions to mitigate, escalate, or resolve any issues. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and coach, counsel, and develop junior team members to support their development.
The following are key activities for the role:
Demonstrate an applied understanding and interest in technology and business strategy concepts, business/technology transformations, operating models, service delivery transformation all while considering the disruptive technology trends (e.g. DevOps, Agile, AI/ML, Cloud, APIs, product management, human centered design) which are prevalent in today’s economy.
- Lead the delivery of quality services by demonstrating excellent client service such as establishing plans and objectives, adopting strong program/project management, focusing on delivery of client business priorities, managing expectations of outcomes, scope, budget, and implementing practices to achieve high quality deliverables within expected timeframes. Lead the engagement team to serve clients and keep key stakeholders informed about progress, risk management and expected outcomes.
- Lead, develop and maintain productive relationships with client management and foster relationships within the firm across various areas of the global EY network to serve client needs.
- Demonstrate high level of professional and technical knowledge and quickly assimilate new knowledge and relevant research to help solve complex business problems. Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, industry and business trends, and current developments in consulting services capabilities. Additionally, get involved in the development of points of view, thought leadership, business development and market opportunities.
- Lead practice development and creating new business opportunities by understanding and communicating EY’s capabilities and services, and how we can drive impact with clients. This includes managing business development pursuits activities (e.g. responding to RFPs, preparing proposals, contracts, building relationships with clients)
Skills and attributes for success:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, workshop facilitation, and presentation skills
- Strong ability to manage and execute on end-to-end deliverables
- Strong critical thinking and analytical mindset in terms of taking abstract questions and issues and structuring them into manageable work streams
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
- Strong project management skills and delivery of quality services
- Knowledge and passion for strategy, innovation, and technology in business
- Strong ability and proven experience in building and developing a high performing team/culture
To qualify for the role, you’ll have:
- At the Manager level, a minimum of 5-7+ years’ experience with a consulting firm offering management and/or technology related services or a successful track record in technology transformation related initiatives, in a client-facing or advisory/project/transformation role within an organization
- Experience in the delivery of a variety of technology related strategy and transformation projects such as operating model design, service delivery transformation, tech-enabled business transformations, value creation strategies, strategic technology planning process; and enterprise cost reduction enabled by technology
- Experience leading, managing, and delivering projects in a technology/digital environment, managing both external clients/stakeholders and internal leaders and project teams
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience in managing and supporting business development efforts (sales planning and pursuits, RFP responses, proposals)
- A university or post graduate degree (MBA or MSC are preferred) and relevant professional designation (certifications such as PMP/PRINCE2, ITIL, Scrum Master, TOGAF and others are considered relevant)
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs (when it is safe to do so), while we expect changes to the way we work with our clients post COVID19 to change, some travel may still required – up to a maximum of 80% of your time
- Government of Canada security clearance, or the ability to apply for Government of Canada security clearance
This is your opportunity.
If you are a passionate leader with a strong vision and a genuine desire to help businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.