|Emergency Services Officer - Instructor|
Emergency Services Officer - Instructor
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $59,482 - $75,804 a year
Location : Manitoba
Emergency Services Officer - Instructor
AF3 Assistant Fire Commissioner 3
Manitoba Emergency Services College (MESC), Office of the Fire Commissioner
Advertisement Number: 38294
Salary(s): AF3 $59,482.00 - $75,804.00 per year
Closing Date: February 11, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
This competition may be used to establish an eligibility list to fill current and future regular and term full-time positions, subject to staffing approval. The eligibility list will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Office of the Fire Commissioner (OFC) provides the citizens of Manitoba with a variety of public safety services which include, but are not limited to, supporting municipalities’ emergency services, fire investigation and inspection, codes and standards enforcement and regulation, provincial response to emergencies too large for municipalities to handle, and the provision of education and training for emergency personnel. The OFC also provides emergency service to Manitobans through Ground Search and Rescue, Urban Search and Rescue, Incident Command in major emergencies or disasters.
As the premier leader in firefighter, paramedic and emergency services training, the Manitoba Emergency Services College (MESC) in Brandon, Manitoba, is the OFC's arm in building, training and developing confident, competent firefighters, inspectors, investigators, instructors, officers and paramedics.
MESC is seeking to fill three positions with an experienced Emergency Services Officer- Instructor for its Fire Fighting and other Emergency Services Program. This position is responsible for the delivery, testing, evaluation, monitoring and assessment of courses in this field.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team! The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must submit an application form and current resume. Only those that submit both will be considered.
Click here to access application form
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to travel throughout Manitoba and occasionally in Canada and internationally.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Must have a valid Manitoba class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Manitoba Class 4 driver`s license with air brake endorsement at the time of application.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Must have a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Must be physically capable of wearing full turn-out gear and a self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties and functions of the job, including lifting heavy objects, kneeling, standing, climbing stairs and ladders, working at heights and entering confined spaces in various temperatures.
- Successful completion of Fire Fighter Level I and other applicable Emergency Services Programs, or successful completion of an equivalent or comparable formal training or educational program.
- Significant work or volunteer experience providing firefighting and/or other emergency response services.
- Experience delivering training and educational programs in an adult setting.
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent teamwork skills to work positively and collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and strict timelines.
- Successful completion of Emergency Services Instructor level I course, or an equivalent or comparable instructor training or educational program.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building and maintaining positive working relationships and partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills required for preparing comprehensive student and training reports.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of curriculum development and/or evaluation of training programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office application, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint.
- Experience and ability to interpret, explain, and apply standards, policies and procedures, codes and regulations.
- Certificate in Adult Education (CAE) or an equivalent program
- Experience providing training courses on a virtual platform.
This position is primarily responsible for the development, delivery, maintenance and evaluation of training and educational programs at the College, focusing on the fire fighting and emergency services program. The incumbent monitors and evaluates student performance and ensures that courses and programs are kept current with latest standards, regulations, acts and legislation. A complete position description is available upon request.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.