|Court Administration Clerk|
Court Administration Clerk
Company : City of Mississauga
Salary : $55,679 - $74,241 a year
Location : Ontario
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 01/27/2022
Reporting to Supervisor of Court Administration & APS provides court administration support as assigned on a rotating basis. Responsible for providing information and assistance to customers regarding Provincial Offences Act, in person, by phone, email and fax inquiries. Responds to questions and provides necessary information by accessing Integrated Courts Offence Network (ICON). Ensures all documents are properly processed and filed. Performs cashier functions. Provides back-up to other Court Administration Clerks as required. Provides assistance to the general public, police, Judiciary and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide information and assistance to customers using various methods of communication (i.e. telephone, email, fax and in person), respond to questions and provide necessary information by accessing ICON to display and verify status of requests.
- Provide courteous, accurate and timely responses to request for information regarding the functions, operations and procedures necessary to conduct business with the Ontario Court of Justice, within the parameters of the Provincial Offences Act and statutory regulations.
- Check Fail to Respond Docket for accuracy and up-dates information on the computer system (ICON) and balances.
- Perform preliminary review of forms and supporting documents to assure all pertinent information has been submitted and all rules, regulations and procedures have been met in compliance with the Provincial Offences Act.
- Receive, count and perform proficient data entry of Part I Certificates on ICON to automate the production of future Fail to Respond dockets. Receive and perform proficient data entry of all Red-Light Camera Tickets on ICON and filing in appropriate location. Receive and perform proficient data entry of all Part III Information on ICON.
- Receive requests for Part I Provincial Offences Act trial requests and Early Resolution requests and prepare appropriate documentation.
- Prepare all necessary documents for plea of guilty and re-opening of cases being heard before a Justice of the Peace, update ICON.
- Retrieve filed Part I’s, compile and match to Fail to Respond docket.
- Prepare court information and documents to be transferred to other courts and appeal court.
- Prepare necessary documents for other court actions.
- Perform cashier functions by operating ICON financial screen, Point of Sale (POS) machine and Court Administration Management System (CAMS) Collect payments for any Part I and Part III offence. Ensure that payments are legally acceptable; receive payments and provide receipts. Ensure accurate deposits are made from all sources, counts and validates cash and float receipts.
- Research ICON system, court dockets or other records.
- Process extensions, including removal of enforcement if applicable.
- Receive request for interpreter and prepare necessary documentation.
- Maintain office filing system for provincial offence documentation.
- Sort, distribute incoming mail and processes outgoing mail, including courier mail.
- Provide ad hoc assistance on projects/initiatives within the unit/team.
- Perform other duties as assigned which are directly related to the major responsibilities of the job.
- Comply with City policies
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in business, law administration or court related field or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Provincial Offences Act/Law or related equivalent.
- Previous court/legal/police administration experience required.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of legislation and processes related to Court Administration matters.
- Experience in a computerized environment. Knowledge of ICON computer software. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and CAMS and knowledge of government websites.
- May require light lifting of supplies/materials. Listen attentively and visually check to ensure accuracy of information. Exposure to computer keyboards and screens.
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 55,679.00 - $ 74,241.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: 950 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/Office of the City Clerk , Court Administration
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
COVID-19 Update: As per the City’s Employee and Volunteer COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day.
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.