New Job Assistant Works Supervisor In Manitoba
|Assistant Works Supervisor|
Assistant Works Supervisor
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $46,101 - $53,092 a year
Location : Manitoba
Assistant Works Supervisor
AWS Assistant Works Supervisor
Highway Regional Operations, Technical Services & Operations
Cranberry Portage MB, Gillam MB, Grand Rapids MB, Lynn Lake MB, The Pas MB, Thompson MB, Wabowden MB
Advertisement Number: 38529
Salary(s): AWS $46,101.00 - $53,092.00 per year
Closing Date: January 23, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Preference will be given to Civil Servants within the Manitoba Government.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have Operator certification on core light and heavy duty equipment, and be able to be certified as a Capable Person Trainer.
- Must have the ability to respond to an emergency situation within a reasonable time frame (30 minutes).
- Must be able to work extended hours, weekends, and on statutory holidays and be called out to work at unusual hours.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions, and be prepared for both extreme heat and cold.
- Must possess and maintain a valid MB Class 3.0 driver's licence with air break endorsement.
- Must be physically capable of performing all required tasks / activities including lift/carry 1-25kg, sitting for prolonged periods, climbing, work at heights, kneeling, twisting and wearing personal protection equipment.
- Experience related to highway maintenance operations.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of commonly used highway maintenance equipment.
- Ability to complete paperwork and prepare reports.
- Experience with road maintenance policies, practices, and materials.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety, Health and Risk Manangement Policies and Procedures.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Basic computer experience (such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet).
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management System (MMS).
The Assistant Works Supervisor reports to the Area Works Supervisor and has lead hand responsibility for maintenance employees engaged in a variety of highway maintenance activities specific to planning, scheduling and providing manpower and equipment required to maintain, repair and replace permanent and temporary signs within one or more sub-regions (4 to 8 maintenance resource group areas). The Assistant Works Supervisor also has lead hand responsibility for a variety of other routine maintenance activities and occasional special projects.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window