Security Services Supervisor
Company : City of Saskatoon
Salary : $31.37 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
- Selects, trains, assigns, supervises and evaluates all staff responsible to provide security services including Stage Door, front entrance greeters, contract or event related security and general building security.
- Determines adequate security coverage for events and prepares a Security Plan reflecting the needs of each event and client, in consultation with the Events Coordinator.
- Plans, schedules and maintains all work assignments for internal and external security personnel.
- Coordinates shipping and receiving of goods for the facility.
- Establishes, updates, trains and ensures compliance with procedures relating to crowd management, incident reports, visitor badge issuance, monitoring equipment (e.g. cameras), lost and found program, and parking.
- Provides assistance to Police and other emergency personnel.
- Develops procedures to ensure proper accounting for assets, including radios and keys, distributed through stage door.
- Assists with the development and delivery of training, related to emergency procedures, to all staff.
- Serves as an active member of the Health and Safety Committee and supports the overall Health and Safety function in the building.
- Recommends, and implements approved, policy and procedure changes to enhance efficient, effective, safe and secure operations.
- Establishes, and follows standards for the security team to ensure the provision of efficient and professional security services that customers require.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Three year's related security experience specifically in event / entertainment industry
- One year of proven supervisory experience and one year’s experience working with a security camera system.
- Successful completion of a Department of Justice recognized security guard course.
- Possession of valid standard first aid and CPR training, and willingness to recertify as required.
- Knowledge of security industry best-practices.
- Knowledge of crowd control, non-invasive crowd management, crowd behaviours, and safety protocols for live events.
- Knowledge of the principles of employee selection and training.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize security issues and develop plans to address them.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise the work of others and monitor work of contracted employees providing security services.
- Physical ability to perform job duties.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to operate freight elevators, pallet jacks, and other equipment.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Skill in the operation of building and office equipment including computers, printers, security system, parking system
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, SAP and Ungerboeck or similar event management software
If you are interested in being part of a great team and feel like you will be a valuable asset to TCU Place, please send your resume attention Human Resources by December 15th, 2021
Please advise that the position may be filled before the closing date of this posting. TCU Place is an employment equity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics