Company : National Research Council Canada
Salary : $108,533 - $120,319 a year
Location : Ontario
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for a Procurement Manager to support our Finance and Procurement Services. The Procurement Manager would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
The Procurement Manager is responsible and accountable for the planning, organizing, controlling, staffing and monitoring of all procurement and contracting services on behalf of the National Research Council. These services include procurement and contracting services for construction, services, goods, publications, architectural and engineering services, energy services and deregulated services. This person is also responsible for the application and interpretation of policies and guidelines for the delivery of a sound, effective and efficient procurement and contracting services for all of NRC. The incumbent exercises direct or functional supervisory authority over all the employees engaged in the delivery, to their clients, of any of the products, services and construction forming part of the procurement and contracting services.
This person is also responsible and accountable for the strategic direction and operational planning behind the current and future positioning of the procurement and contracting services and to align it with the overall mission, vision, direction and needs of the NRC.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
University degree in business administration or in a related field from a recognized university, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
Certified Professional Purchaser designation (CPP) or CSCMP certification through the Supply Chain of Canada (SCC).
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
- Significant and recent managerial experience in supervising procurement and contracting processes;
- Significant experience in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines for the delivery of systems and training to promote and monitor sound procurement practices;
- Extensive experience in interpreting and applying contracting legislation, regulations and policies;
- Extensive experience in providing expert advice and direction in the procurement and contracting process to all levels of management, including recommending strategies and course of action;
- Extensive experience in the management of a workforce engaged in complex, high risk, high dollar value procurement and contracting projects; and
- Significant experience working on personal computers using MS Office (specifically MS Word and MS Outlook) and SAP or similar integrated business software.
- Experience in a federal government environment or public sector would be an asset.
- Experience in managing budgets in accordance with the Federal administration act would be an asset.
- Significant – 2 to 6 years
- Extensive – 7 years or more
Condition of Employment
All employees of the National Research Council are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground of discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Bilingual Imperative CBC/CBC
Information on language requirements and self-assessment tests
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Extensive knowledge in supply chain management practices and principles;
- Excellent knowledge and ability to interpret and apply government contracting and procurement policies, regulations, Acts and legislation;
- Sound knowledge of practices and guidelines that govern federal government procurement functions;
- Sound knowledge of trends, developments and challenges in managing procurement in the public and private sectors;
- Well-developed ability to supervise, coach and direct staff;
- Well-developed ability to design and deliver presentations with good business writing skills; and
- Ability to respond to inquiries from employees, superiors and clients, to enforce compliance with the provisions of the various instruments, to write NRC policy and guidelines and to make or guide contracting and procurement decisions that balance client needs with compliance requirements.
- Management services - Client focus (Level 3)
- Management services - Communication (Level 3)
- Management services - Results orientation (Level 4)
- Management services - Teamwork (Level 3)
- Management services - Initiative (Level 3)
- Management services - Conceptual and analytical ability (Level 3)
For this position, the NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profile: Management Services
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with the NRC's directives.
From $108,533 to $120,319 per annum. In addition, the incumbent will receive the Bilingualism Bonus of $800 per year.
NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- Some travelling is required.
- Candidates who have Second Language Evaluation (SLE) test results with the Public Service Commission should include these results with their application.
- Overtime may sometimes be required.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (15834) to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 17 December 2021 - 23:59 Eastern Time