Pool Shift Supervisor I, II or III
Company : City of Brooks
Salary : $21.66 - $31.18 an hour
Location : Alberta
The City of Brooks is one of the fastest growing communities in Alberta with a multi-cultural flavour unique to other municipalities in Alberta boasting a population of 14,451.
Why work for the City of Brooks? For starters, you can take great pride in our organization, our positive work culture and our exceptional team of talented professionals who accomplish outstanding work each and every day for our citizens. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team that is professional, fun, dedicated and passionate about health and wellness. Our employees receive many benefits, some of which being, able to participate in gym memberships and educational opportunities. Please view our City of Brooks Careers Corner page for more details.
The City of Brooks requires one (1) Pool Shift Supervisor I, II, or III, in the Recreation Services Department, specifically within the Aquatics Division. The position will be based out of the JBS Canada Centre in the EID Aquatics Centre.
Job Details & Responsibilities:
As the Pool Shift Supervisor I, II, or III, you will primarily be responsible for pool programming, instruction, pool operations, maintenance, custodial and trouble-shooting techniques related to Aquatics. You will also be involved in supervising and participating fully as a Lifeguard, and instruct Red Cross and Life Saving Courses along with specialized program instruction. You will also assist the Aquatic Supervisor in the development and implementation of Aquatic programming.
- As the successful applicant, you must have completed the twelfth (12th) school grade or equivalent;
- Other training requirements include: National Lifeguard Certificate, Standard First Aid Certificate, and Water Safety Instructor Certificate;
- You will also hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Other desirable qualifications include: Swimming Pool Operator Level 1 & 2 Certificates, Lifesaving Instructor/Examiner Certificate, National Lifeguard Instructor, First Aid Instructor and Water Safety Instructor Trainer, Supervisory Certification or completion of related supervisory courses ; and,
- The ideal candidate will have one (1) to four (4) years of related experience including previous supervisory experience.
Please inquire about training options.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The City of Brooks offers a competitive salary and benefits package with this position falling within the scope of the Collective Agreement between the City of Brooks and the Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 1032.
- The 2021 salary range for this position is $21.66 to $31.18 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time position with shift, weekend, and overtime hours of work. The Collective Agreement including wages can be found online at www.brooks.ca.
- Additionally, you will receive a free family membership to the JBS Canada Centre during your term of employment.
A clean criminal records check and current drivers abstract will be required before an offer of employment is presented to the successful applicant.
The City of Brooks thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Brooks is an equal opportunity employer.