Director, Market Access and HTA
Company : Alexion Pharmaceuticals,Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
This is what you will do:
The Market Access & Health Technology Assessment Lead will be responsible for developing and championing a clear reimbursement strategy for Alexion Canada and managing the relevant relationships with public payers, government officials, hospital pharmacies, and other external partners across the Alexion portfolio.
They will lead Alexion Canada’s Health Technology Assessment (HTA) files with CADTH, INESSS and private payors, providing strategic direction for HTA files and working collaboratively with local and global to develop comprehensive submissions that demonstrate the need for rare and ultra-rare treatments in Canada.
You will be responsible for:
- Determine optimal pricing, reimbursement and commercial model for the product portfolio in the context of the wider health economy and reimbursement system at a national and provincial payer level (INESSS, MSSS, RAMQ, etc.)
- Work in effective partnership with the International Value, Access & Policy team to identify and prioritize Local Country requirements and align on overall strategy
- Work with the Global Government Affairs and Pricing & Reimbursement teams to ensure that value tools are customized appropriately when relevant for the local Country (e.g. GVD, Budget Impact Models)
- Create and deploy impactful value propositions for all Products
- Identify process-related and price negotiation hurdles to product launch and uptake and participate in negotiations with payers
- Ensure the broad health economy decision making processes and influencers are fully understood throughout the organization, educate and empower the wider business teams to enhance engagement strategies
- Develop, implement and influence collaborative plans for key payers and support efforts related to the development or implementation of any coverage policies for Alexion products
- Lead the development and maintenance of constructive corporate relationships with selected key budget-holders
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with federal, provincial, and territorial drug plan directors and the pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Canada’s HTA bodies (CADTH, INESSS)
- Lead the development of Health Technology Assessment (HTA) submissions by managing consultants and building and managing broad, cross-functional internal teams
- Lead the development of local business cases based on HTA and market assumptions
- Collaborate frequently and effectively with global HEOR colleagues to develop best-in-class submissions
- Design and manage HEOR projects with internal and external collaborators to facilitate market access
- Develop best-in-class capability for RWE generation and collaborative research projects, seeking opportunities to partner and publish
- Develop and execute strategies to support access for Alexion products with key decision makers within hospital segment
- Coordinate efforts with Sales, Marketing and Medical to support patient access with 3rd party payers
- Engage Medical, Research and Development and Regulatory colleagues to ensure effective and meaningful HTA data is collected throughout the product development process and in post-marketing situations where needed
- Coordinate activities with Alexion’s Global Government Affairs and Pricing & Reimbursement teams in order to ensure alignment with national strategies and negotiations, as well as global policies and objectives
- Represent Alexion on industry association committees, at local market meetings and key conferences
- Coordinate with marketing to integrate branding in collateral materials designed to facilitate appropriate access for hospital, outpatient, and 3rd party payers
You will need to have:
- University degree in science, major in Pharmacoeconomics / Health Economics degree
- 10+ years experience in pharmaceutical industry, biotech/rare disease experience preferred with experience in HTA assessments to INESSS, CADTH and private payors
- Thorough understanding and experience with HEOR and relevant health economic methodologies
- Thorough understanding of payer policy development and experience working with public and private payers on reimbursement.
- Strong demonstrated people management skills
- Cross-functional experience in other commercial roles, such as Sales, Marketing, Commercial Operations, Medical Affairs, Publications, National/Corporate Accounts, Managed Markets, Hospital Markets, etc.
- Previous experience with the pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance / Extensive expertise in contract negotiation and implementation
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Clinical, technical and scientific knowledge and aptitude in complex disease states
- Effective administrator who efficiently manages time, resources and workload
- Travel 20% of the time
We would prefer for you to have:
- An MBA
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact [email protected] Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you're interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.