New Job Water And Sewer Trouble In Saskatchewan
Water and Sewer Trouble
Company : City of Saskatoon
Salary : $30.83 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
- Enters premises on behalf of the City and performs any necessary correctional work, including locating sewer clean-outs, thorough cleaning of sewer services to free blockages and restore service, and follow-up with a visual inspection to ensure quality of cleaning and structural integrity of the pipe.
- Responds to customer service enquiries regarding water pressure, and quantity.
- Locates and operates water valves to depressurize/pressurize water mains and water services as required.
- Operates and troubleshoots all water system components to de-energize, re-energize, inspect and maintain the water distribution system.
- Responds to, and resolves, water contamination events, including water main chlorination and de-chlorination procedures.
- Locates and diagnoses problems on the water distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection and storm water collection systems, making necessary repairs where possible, on trouble or maintenance basis.
- Installs, removes and maintains various temporary water services.
- On a emergency or trouble basis provides direction and supports staff assigned to assist in the inspection and correction of a wide variety of municipal problems.
- Erects barricades, directs vehicular and pedestrian traffic and takes charge of serious trouble situations as required.
- Notifies senior Departmental staff/other civic departments as required.
- Maintains comprehensive records of all field activities and prepares reports as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Two years' experience related to water and sewer systems.
- Possession of Level 2 Wastewater Collection and Water Distribution Operator Certification from the Saskatchewan Operator Certification Board.
- Possession of Level 3 Wastewater Collection and Water Distribution Operator Certification from the Saskatchewan Operator Certification Board would be considered an asset.
- Must comply with all safety related requirements
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of the methods, techniques, equipment, tools, materials and terminology used in operating, inspecting and maintaining water distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection, and storm water collection systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot various water distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection, storm water collection systems, problems and customer concerns, operate all valves, hydrants and other water distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection, and storm water collection system appurtenances
- Knowledge of water, sewer, electrical, gas, telephone and cable television subsurface installations.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, contractors and civic employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties in varying weather conditions and extremes of temperature.
- Skill in the use and care of computer hardware and related software.
Shift and weekend work may be required. Standby will be required.
$28.54 – $30.83 per hour (2021 rates)