New Job Staff Screener In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $33,913 - $37,795 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) is currently seeking Point of entry screeners to join our team for a term opportunity.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a current and satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector search
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Adult abuse registry check
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position and tasks including bending, turning, walking, lifting and standing for long periods of time
- Must be able to work shift work, evenings, overnights and weekends, as well as, overtime when required
- Experience providing professional and courteous customer service to the general public
- Ability to adhere to the site safety policies and screening protocol
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Verbal communication skills
- Good written skills to maintain accurate documentation
- Ability to maintain confidentaility
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Strong judgement and decision making to make assessments for entry based on provided criteria
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
This position plays an integral role in SMHC's COVID-19 response by:
The incumbent participates as a greeter and screener for employees and visitors, based on SMHC’s screening criteria for admittance into the buildings under Public Health Guidelines. The incumbent will ensurie all staff and visitors entering have appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, as well as, ensuring sanitization of screening areas, and working with infection prevention and control and workplace safety and health on any issue arising. The incumbentt demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of SMHC including a strong commitment to patient and staff safety. SMHC continues to collaborate with public health, follow all provincial pandemic directives and have taken steps to decrease the risk of COVID-19 within our facility.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.