New Job Senior Security Analyst In Manitoba
Senior Security Analyst
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $77,260 - $102,244 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- The successful candidate must relocate to Winnipeg, Manitoba if applying from outside of the province.
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science with experience working in the field of information technology security, OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of solution design, technology risk assessments, cloud solutions and cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS.
- Working knowledge of directory services and authentication protocols such as Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos, and Radius, as well as various computer operating systems including Linux and Windows (Desktop/Server).
- Knowledge of security incident management and response such as coordinating, reporting, and analysing security events.
- Knowledge of network security, design, and architectures.
- Knowledge of IT threats and risk assessment, risk management, and cost benefit analysis.
- Working knowledge of security policy and standards creation and enforcement.
- Written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- CISSP, SANS GIAC, CISM or other related security designations.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing, architecture, design, and secure configuration.
- Familiarity with security and audit standards and control frameworks such as ISO 21001, SOC2/3, and COBIT.
As part of a team of security analysts within the Manitoba Centre for Cyber Security (MCCS), the Senior Security Analyst will participate in the development and implementation of the technical security program of the Government of Manitoba. The Senior Security Analyst will conduct security assessments, government applications, and infrastructure services. The successful candidate will respond to security incidents, coordinate and communicate activities throughout government, and coordinate with other security agencies such as Winnipeg Police, the RCMP, and Public Safety Canada.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.