Company : The City of Red Deer
Salary : $30.83 - $32.45 an hour
Location : Alberta
Provides customer service for All Departments in the Scale House by weighing and recording incoming and outgoing construction materials (e.g. sand and gravel and all scrap metals), ensuring adequate inventories of construction materials and fuel, and performing clerical support services and yard security.
- One year college diploma in business administration with focus in accounting or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of construction materials and equipment and their uses in a municipal environment is required.
- One year experience performing clerical, inventory, and accounting activities.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, using Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel to perform miscellaneous input, statistical and reporting functions.
- Strong communication skills to enable effective communication with City staff, hired equipment operators, material suppliers and visitors.
- Ability to organize and work without close supervision.
- Ability to accurately develop and maintain records is required.
- Ability to work occasional overtime.
- Ability to speak clearly over the telephone and two-way radio system.
- Alberta Class 5 Driver's License.
Affiliation: Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
Hours of Work: 80 hours biweekly; Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.
The City of Red Deer has implemented a COVID-19 Immunization Policy, seeking to have employees fully vaccinated. For more information, please refer to The City’s COVID-19 Immunization Policy 222-CA https://secure.reddeer.ca/media/the-bridge/city-departments/legislative-services/policies-and-procedures/corporate-policies/2000/2224-CA_COVID-19_Immunization.pdf