New Job Leader In Training Coordinator In Ontario
LEADER IN TRAINING COORDINATOR
Company : City of London
Salary : $16.25 - $16.75 an hour
Location : Ontario
Summary of Duties
Under the supervision of a Neighbourhood and Community-Wide Services Supervisor; coordinates, administers and supervises the Leadership Continuum program at a specific program site each week.
- Plan and deliver Leadership Continuum program curriculum to youth participants.
- Consult with summer Coordinator team as required when developing program and placement content.
- Facilitate and supervise the activities in accordance with Child and Youth Agenda priority areas at each program location to ensure the care, safety and security of participants.
- Ensure suitable facility accommodations as per activity and safety needs.
- Coordinate placements of participants as stipulated by Leadership Continuum requirements.
- Visit Playground and Day Camp sites on a regular basis to monitor, assess and evaluate placements.
- Communicate with parents/caregivers of participants as needed.
- Assist in the development and delivery of front line training programs.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of front line staff.
- Create and distribute program promotional materials.
- Assist in preseason planning, including booking trips and special guests for fellow Coordinators.
- Use appropriate behaviour modification techniques when supervising participants.
- Work cooperatively with other program partners.
- Facilitate and attend regular staff meetings as required.
- Ensure all City of London policies and practices are adhered to.
- Provide operational and evaluation reports on the program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years experience in a children or youth recreation or summer camp environment with some supervisory, program planning and organizational experience preferred.
- Minimum one years’ experience with youth ages 13-18.
- Experience with youth with special needs and/or behavioural challenges an asset.
- Teaching/instructing experience an asset.
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of behaviour modification techniques.
- Second language is an asset (please indicate on resume).
- Must be certified in HIGH FIVE® - Healthy Child Development, QUEST, and Standard First Aid and CPR Level “C” prior to start of programs.
- Must have a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC). See “Important Information for Summer Day Camp/Playground Positions” under Student Employment for necessary details.
- Valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle each placement day (1-2 per week) and other times as necessary.
Compensation and Other Information
Wages: $16.25-$16.75 per hour based on a 40 hour work week*
- Duration and hours may vary depending on participant registration.
Up to 15 weeks of employment. New Coordinators will begin Friday, May 27, 2022. Returning Coordinators may begin as early as Monday May 30, 2022. Applicants MUST be available all weekdays including mandatory orientation throughout the month of June, as well as 1-2 Saturdays in June for work-specific training – dates to be determined.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, December 6, 2021
COORDINATOR INTERVIEW DATE: December 21, 22, 29, 30
** PLEASE name upload documents (resume, etc.) starting with your LAST NAME, then FIRST NAME
Our hiring process is in accordance with the City of London’s Mandatory Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Administrative Policy.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.