New Job Land Management Specialist - Intern In Saskatchewan
Land Management Specialist - Intern
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $30.93 - $38.76 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Lands Branch in the Ministry of Agriculture has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team in the Saskatoon or North Battleford office. As a Land Management Specialist - Intern, you will work closely with other members of the Crown land regional team managing land dispositions, and assisting clients in obtaining access to Crown land for agricultural and commercial uses.
Eligible applicants will have:
- An Agriculture degree or equivalent and will be eligible for membership as a professional agrologist with the Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists; and
- Graduated from a recognized University program within the last three (3) years.
If you have a sound understanding of the agriculture industry and issues related to rangeland health and land production capacity and want to work with a highly-skilled and well-informed team, this career opportunity may be of interest to you.
As the Land Management Specialist - Intern, you will be responsible for aspects of land management including field inspections, range health assessments and discussions with lessees and other stakeholders. You should have a general knowledge of range management and plant/weed identification principles which will be expanded as you work in this position.
You will have the ability to:
- Work independently and as a team member with colleagues, agencies and others to meet program goals and client needs;
- Prioritize and accurately complete tasks within established timelines;
- Access, retrieve, input and process information using various electronic systems in an accurate and timely manner; and
- Communicate information by speaking and writing in a clear, concise, and accurate manner appropriate to the audience.
The successful candidate must be team player who is able to demonstrate leadership, collaboration, and innovation in their work.
The Ministry of Agriculture’s deep-rooted values system of Innovation, Teamwork, Integrity, Service Excellence and Leadership at all levels serve as the foundation to ensure results are achieved. The successful candidate must be a team player, able to both lead and collaborate, with a reputation for integrity and a focus on service excellence and innovation in their work.