New Job General Labourer- Peterborough In Ontario
General Labourer- Peterborough
Company : American Iron and Metal
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM RECYCLING?
Founded in 1936 in Montreal, Canada, AIM is a private company with multiple sites located in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Europe and Asia. Recognized as a world leader in metal recycling and solder manufacturing for a broad range of industries, we focus on creating high-quality products, setting AIM apart. Our continually expanding company offers many exciting career opportunities, a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and an excellent employee benefits program.
American Iron & Metal, a Hamilton based Metal Recycling Yard has an opening for an enthusiastic individual to fill a General Labourer position at our AIM Recycling Peterborough Operation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and ensuring the smooth and safe day to day activities in our yard. There are many potential growth opportunities within our organization for a career minded candidate!
Duties Will Include
- Working both inside the warehouse and outside in our yard
- Sorting and processing metal pieces
- Operating a tow motor and or forklift on occasion to tip or dump bins
- Other manual labour duties will apply
- Reading, writing and basic math skills are required
- Computer literacy is considered an asset as the position evolves
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up-to 50lbs
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team orientated environment
- Ability to work in outside in all-weather conditions
- Safety orientated
- Tow motor or forklift license considered an asset however we will provide training to the right candidate
- RRSP Match
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
American Iron & Metal and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to everyone. The masculine form is used solely to make the text easier to read. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.