New Job Day Camp / Playground Coordinator In Ontario
DAY CAMP / PLAYGROUND COORDINATOR
Company : City of London
Salary : $16.25 - $16.75 an hour
Location : Ontario
Summary of Duties
Neighbourhood summer programs provide children ages 4-12 the opportunity to improve self-esteem, motor skills, creativity, and social skills through a variety of arts and physical activities as well as excursions to local places of interest.
Role: Under the supervision of a Neighbourhood and Community-Wide Services Supervisor; coordinates, administers and supervises the Day Camp or Playground programs at specific program site(s).
- Supervise the activities at program locations to ensure the care, safety and security of employees and participants.
- Supervise, coach, schedule and evaluate Day Camp or Playground staff.
- Plan, develop, and implement program activities and special events for children ages 4-12 in accordance with Child and Youth Agenda priority areas.
- Ensure suitable facility accommodations as per activity and safety needs.
- Communicate with parents/caregivers of participants on a daily basis.
- Assist in the development and delivery of frontline training programs.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of frontline staff.
- Maintain suitable amount of supplies as required for the program.
- Create and distribute program promotional materials.
- Maintain accurate records for registration, attendance, safety checks, accident reports, operational and program evaluations, program expenses, and trips.
- Prepare and submit weekly budget reports.
- Use appropriate behaviour modification techniques when supervising participants.
- Work cooperatively with other program partners.
- Facilitate and attend regular staff meetings as required.
- Ensure all City of London policies, practices, and protocols are adhered to.
- Comply with the City of London School Age Recreation Program Guidelines.
- Provide operational and evaluation reports on the program.
- Support the Camps on TRACKS peer-mediated social skills program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years experience in a children’s summer camp or playground program environment with some supervisory, program planning and organizational experience preferred.
- Experience with children with special needs and/or behavioural challenges is an asset.
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of behaviour modification techniques.
- Second language is an asset (please indicate on resume).
- Must be certified in HIGH FIVE® - Healthy Child Development, QUEST, and Standard First Aid and CPR Level “C” prior to start of programs.
- Must have a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC). See “Important Information for Summer Day Camp/Playground Positions” under Student Employment for necessary details.
- Valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle is required.
Compensation and Other Information
Wages: $16.25-$16.75 per hour based on a 40 hour work week*
- Duration and hours may vary depending on participant registration.
Up to 15 weeks of employment. New Coordinators will begin Friday, May 27, 2022. Returning Coordinators may begin as early as Monday May 30, 2022. Applicants MUST be available all weekdays including mandatory orientation throughout the month of June, as well as 1-2 Saturdays in June for work-specific training – dates to be determined.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, December 6, 2021
COORDINATOR INTERVIEW DATE: December 21, 22, 29, 30
** PLEASE name upload documents (resume, etc.) starting with your LAST NAME, then FIRST NAME
Our hiring process is in accordance with the City of London’s Mandatory Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Administrative Policy.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.