New Job Client Engagement Advisor In Quebec
Client Engagement Advisor
Company : National Research Council Canada
Salary : $57,220 - $161,754 a year
Location : Quebec
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada’s largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for a Client Engagement Advisor to support IRAP’s Client Enablement team. The Client Engagement Advisor would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
We are looking for a highly qualified Client Engagement Advisor to support our multiple technical sectors in Quebec. An experienced industry professional who is enthusiastic about helping innovative Canadian companies grow and prosper is the best fit for our team. We need someone who sees the potential in a business and is driven to find the resources that can move the firm to the next level. We are seeking a professional who has an extensive network of contacts in innovation, entrepreneurship, business and government business support programs in Quebec.
As an ideal member of this team, you are focused on results, but you also understand that success can sometimes mean taking risks. You are known for your honesty, and integrity, and professionalism.
IRAP is a program that is growing rapidly and full of opportunity and excitement. We are changing fast and must remain agile. But more than this – so are our clients. We need people who champion change and look for ways to apply their vast knowledge and experience in innovative ways to the benefit of their clients.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
This position requires a university degree in engineering, science, or a related field.
An advanced degree in business administration, finance, management, marketing or a related field may also be considered
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
- Extensive entrepreneurship and /or business management in the context of SMEs that commercialize technology-based products and services.
- Experience researching and interpreting information and communicating effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Significant experience building and managing relationships with businesses and/or government departments or programs which support innovative Canadian SMEs.
- Experience in international business development; strategic growth planning; developing and commercializing innovative products or services; and/or intellectual property management will be considered an asset.
Significant: 2-7 years and Extensive: over 7 years.
Condition of Employment
All employees of the National Research Council are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground of discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Bilingual Imperative CBC/CBC
Information on language requirements and self-assessment tests
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- In-depth knowledge of the Canadian innovation system, Canadian business dynamics, commercialization of technology, and related economic and strategic issues.
- Knowledge of Regional and local private and public funding programs or sources, expertise and facilities, as well as an awareness of global opportunities relevant to innovative SMEs.
- Knowledge of Project management methodologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to gather, analyse and disseminate competitive technical and business intelligence.
- Knowledge of business development, scouting and client relationship management.
- Management services - Communication (Level 3)
- Management services - Initiative (Level 3)
- Management services - Networking (Level 3)
- Management services - Client focus (Level 3)
- Management services - Teamwork (Level 3)
For this position, the NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profile(s): Management Services
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with the NRC's directives.
This position is classified as a Research Council Officer (RCO), a group that is unique to the NRC. Candidates are remunerated based on their expertise, outcomes and impacts of their previous work experience relative to the requirements of the level. The salary scale for this group is vast, from $57,220 to $161,754 per annum, which permits for employees of all levels from new graduates to world renowned experts to be fairly compensated for their contributions.
In addition, the incumbent will receive the Bilingualism Bonus of $800 per year.
NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (15483) to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 1 December 2021 - 23:59 Eastern Time