New Job Cafe Assistant In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $19.40 - $23.61 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Job Requisition ID: 20899
Ministry: Encironment & Parks
Location: Cypress Hills Provincial Park (Hidden Valley Ski Resort)
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Scope: Wage Opportunity
Closing Date: November 24, 2021
Classification: Administative Support 2
Hidden Valley Ski Resort in Cypress Hills Provincial Park (South Region) is looking for front-line Café Assistants for the 2021-22 winter season. The unique landscape of the area contrasts the surrounding prairie landscapes, making it an exciting destination for winter recreation opportunities.
Reporting to the Cafe Supervisor, Cafe Assistants work as part of a team to provide ski hill guests with a positive, effective and efficient interaction and experience.
Cafe Assistant duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation, sale, and serving of food and alcohol while adhering to approved Food Safe practices; must be 18 years of age
- Taking cash/credit card payments; using the POS system
- Sanitizing kitchen and lounge areas, as well as utensils and equipment
- Ensuring excellent customer service and positive guest experiences
- May be required to assist in other departments as needed
- High School Diploma required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; ability to lift 25 kg
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and team work skills
- Ability to problem-solve in a fast paced environment
- Customer service and point-of-sales experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience in the food service industry
- Food Safety certification
- ProServe certification is required for lounge and cashier positions, and strongly preferred for all other cafe staff
- Knowledge of Hidden Valley Ski Resort facilities and surrounding areas
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
This link will assist you with understanding competencies:
AGILITY—to understand the need to incorporate change into work and be open to new ideas while accepting change as part of how work processed need to evolve in order to be effective.
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING—to asses options and implications in new ways in order to achieve outcomes and solutions.
BUILDING COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENTS—to lead and contribute to the conditions and environment that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes.
$19.40 to $23.61 per hour
Wage employees receive 11.2% in addition to regular wage earnings in lieu of benefits and vacation leave.
- 5.2 percent of regular wage earnings instead of paid holidays
- 6 percent of regular wage earnings instead of annual vacation pay
- Shifts are 8 hours a day, up to 40 hours a week.
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends and holidays, December through March. Weekend premiums will apply.
- Multiple positions are available.
- Onsite staff accommodations are available for rent.
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
The Government of Alberta is implementing a proof of COVID 19 vaccination policy for all Alberta Public Service employees, to improve the health and safety of Alberta Public Service employees and Albertans we serve.
Any candidates in the process for applying for employment with the Government of
Alberta, must be able to comply with one of the following:
- Proof of COVID 19 vaccination;
- If you are a successful candidate and have not provided proof of COVID 19 vaccination, you may select to produce a negative PCR (molecular polymerase chain reaction) or rapid test result, date-stamped within 72 hours of every scheduled work day/shift, on an ongoing basis starting on December 14, 2021. These tests will be paid for by the employee;
- Candidates and employees who are unable to get vaccinated based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act may request approval for an exemption and accommodation.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Samantha Kith at [email protected]ca
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check