New Job 911 Admin Support In Alberta
911 Admin Support
Company : City of Lloydminster
Salary : $28.50 - $31.13 an hour
Location : Alberta
911 Admin Support
(4 Positions Available)
Term of Employment:
Rate of Pay:
Band 4: $28.50 - $31.13 per hour
(Subject to CUPE 1015 Agreement)
The 911 Admin Support is responsible for providing 911 Emergency and Administrative support in Lloydminster operational Communications Centre (LOCC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the first point of contact for Lloydminster 911 Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) and initiate the appropriate response.
- Receive, assess and prioritize complaints and dispatch the RCMP, Fire Department and Community Peace Officers by operating the police radio.
- Provide critical support to both the public and emergency services personnel.
- Operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Efficiently operate computer monitoring systems and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) systems.
- Proficient use of digital and analog radio systems
- Complete audio recordings and typing of legal documents.
- Provide administrative support for RCMP members.
- Provide coverage for RCMP Admin Support as required.
- Other related duties as required.
This position must be available on a scheduled basis, and be available to work days, evenings and nights throughout the week.
- Post-secondary Certificate or Diploma from a recognized institution in: 911 Emergency and Call Centre Communications or previous Police and Fire dispatch training and experience is considered an asset.
- Strong administrative and computer skills is considered an asset.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing situations and priorities while accurately advising appropriate resources of situations.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment, both independently and cooperatively as a team.
- The ability to multi-task and work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Federal, Provincial, and Municipal statutes is preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of geography, jurisdictional boundaries, latitude/longitude and civic addressing would be considered an asset.
All applicants must successfully complete and pass the critical skills assessment. The successful applicant must also be able to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance and provide proof of qualifications prior to starting the position.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and RCMP enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
- Must successfully complete and pass the critical skills assessment prior to the position start date.
- Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
- Applicants with international education will be required to include an Academic Credential Assessment with application.
December 7, 2021
Internal & External
The City of Lloydminster is an equal opportunity employer. If you have questions or require further information on this position, please contact us. All applications must be sent to the Employee Relations team and received by the closing date.
HR Generalist, Employee Relations
City of Lloydminster
Lloydminster AB/SK T9V 0W2
Internal candidates email: [email protected]
External Candidates Apply at: www.Lloydminster.ca/jobs
Posting Date: 16-Nov-21