New Job Faculty, Operations Management – Global Trade And Transportation Management In British Columbia
Faculty, Operations Management – Global Trade and Transportation Management
Company : British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
Salary : $56,845 - $99,571 a year
Location : British Columbia
BCIT’s Global Trade and Transportation Management Program in the Operations Department is currently seeking a temporary, part-time Instructor position (0.6 FTE, 9 contact hours) to teach courses relating to Quantitative Analysis in Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Transportation.
Duties & Responsibilities
We are seeking Instructors committed to quality and innovation in meeting our students’ learning needs, and who value the importance of teamwork in the workplace.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field,
- At least five years of current experience involving the application of the subject areas,
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications,
- Ability to work in a collegial environment, and
- Knowledge in the following areas:
- International trade theories
- Country analysis with government, commercial, and cultural prospective
- Free Trade Agreements and other regional economic integration
- Implications of International Import and Export strategies in the Canadian market
- Project Management
- Trade compliances in supply chains, such as C-TPAT, PIP, ISPM
- Corporate Sustainability
- Masters Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience,
- Recent leadership experience in a related field,
- Experience teaching in a post-secondary institution, and
- Membership or certification in appropriate professional bodies (e.g. CITT, PLog, CIFFA, or CITP).
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
$56,845 to $99,571 per annum
Additional Salary Information
Salary prorated based on percentage and term of appointment. Salary based on education, experience and placement criteria as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
SoB Operations Management
BCIT Faculty and Staff Association (FSA)
Number of Vacancies
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date
Competition Open Date
Competition Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quicklink for Posting