New Job District Clerk In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $41,212 - $47,283 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Experience performing administrative and/or clerical duties, which may include but are not limited to: reception, records management, time keeping, data entry, etc.
- Accounts payable and receivable experience
- Experience working with clients in a customer service environment over the phone and in-person
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Experience working with SAP or an equivalent financial management software
- Verbal and written communication skills in French
Under the direction of the District Supervisor, the incumbent provides accounting and administrative support for the Pine Falls District. The District Clerk processes and tracks accounts payables/receivables for the Enforcement, Wildfire Support, Park Patrol, Green team and Wildfire accounts. The incumbent is responsible for preparing/maintaining and archiving of financial commitments/expenditures, as well as quarterly cash flows for all District Budgets. The position is also responsible for the timekeeping and payroll documents for Enforcement, Departmental, and Green Team employees.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.