New Job Bus Operator In Manitoba
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general supervision of an Operations Supervisor, the Bus Operator is responsible for ensuring that safe, courteous and on-time Transit service is provided to passengers. This includes: adherence to all applicable laws and Winnipeg Transit policy; interacting in a friendly and helpful manner with passengers and the public; adhering to assigned routes and schedule; managing and diffusing instances of conflict; monitoring fare payment; adherence to assault avoidance techniques; and maintaining a valid driver’s license.
The position is also attentive to any concerns that may affect community safety.
For more detailed information about the position of a Bus Operator, including the shifts and schedules please copy and paste the following link into your internet browser: https://winnipegtransit.com/en/careers/bus-operator/
As the Bus Operator you will:
- Operates Transit Buses in a safe manner
- Provides, courteous, professional transit service to the citizens of Winnipeg, in keeping with Transit and City policy and is responsible for the on-board safety of passengers
- Informing passengers of the fare when applicable and monitoring fare payment.
- Reports and corresponds with supervisory personnel, as required as per Transit policy.
- Participates in professional training and development
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 10 or equivalent combination of training and experience
- A full valid Manitoba Class 5 driver's license with a minimum Driver's Safety Rating of -2.
- Demonstrated safe driving habits. Driving history satisfactory to the employer.
- 3 years driving experience.
- Driving experience in snow and ice is a definite asset.
- Ability to read city maps.
- City street and bus route knowledge is an asset.
- Knowledge of City streets and landmarks.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Ability to make quick and sound decisions.
- Ability to demonstrate composure, patience and conflict management.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Strong communication skills to solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently.
Conditions of employment:
- A Police Information Check including vulnerable sector check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense when requested.
- Must be able to obtain a Class 2 driver’s licence with Airbrake Endorsement Beginners.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position. This includes but is not limited to: sitting for extended periods of time, reaching, twisting at the waist and neck, grip and leg strength.
- MUST be available to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends, holidays, and split shifts.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented