New Job Assistant Manager Operations Risk And Administration In British Columbia
Assistant Manager Operations Risk and Administration
Company : HSBC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
HSBC is following Canadian government guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19. We are keeping our customers, employees and job applicants safe through enhanced safety protocols undertaken at our branches, remote working where possible, mandatory vaccinations and video / telephone interviewing.
Opening up a world of opportunity.
We're a financial services organization serving more than 40 million customers across the globe through our Wealth & Personal Banking, Commercial Banking and Global Banking & Markets businesses.
We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up a world of new opportunities for our customers, our people and our communities.
Wealth and Personal Banking
We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
About the role
You will be responsible for the execution of strategy, ensuring risk elements are identified and mitigated at the Branch.
The Assistant Manager Risk Operations and Administration role oversees and manages compliance and risk related activities, ensuring elements are identified and mitigated for the entire branch team.
- Act as primary point of contact (or secondary as appropriate) for complex operational inquiries involving internal and external parties
- Oversee and monitor customer complaints and where possible handles resolution and/or escalates complex issues
- Responsible for the supervision of mutual fund sales business conducted within the branch (approve new accounts and monitor trading activity) and act as the primary point of contact for mutual fund customer inquiries requiring escalation
- Ensure customer expectations are exceeded in terms of speed, efficiency, certainty and professionalism either face-to- face or through an alternate channel
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Provide training and development to others as related to operational and risk items
- Build the capabilities of the team to enhance their ability to achieve financial and operating strategy.
- Participate in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge
- Actively refer customers to other areas of HSBC where appropriate
- Registerable as the Branch Manager under the applicable securities legislation
- 3 years of mutual funds and operations experience within the financial services industry
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to support the building of strong relationships with diverse groups of people
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent understanding of legislation and regulations within retail banking
- Sound knowledge of financial services products and services
- Experience managing multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- University / College degree or equivalent work experience
- Mutual Fund Licensing - requires completion of Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Branch Manager Course offered by Canadian Securities Institute or Investment Funds In Canada; or A Branch Compliance Officers Course offered by Investment Funds Institute of Canadian Bankers.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Canada is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
If this is not the ideal role for you, we invite you to sign up to our talent community so that we can update you about job opportunities and career events in your area of interest. We are always looking for people with purpose and ambition who can help us build the bank for the future.
We encourage all Indigenous peoples of North America and Persons with Disabilities to self-identify in their applications. In addition, we invite you to reach out to Dianne Calma, our Diversity Recruitment Relationship Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for support during the selection process.