New job Accounting Technician, BT Advantage in Nova Scotia
Accounting Technician, BT Advantage
Company : Baker Tilly Canada
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Baker Tilly Nova Scotia Inc. is a fun, agile and entrepreneurial firm that celebrates collaboration, client service, performance, and balance. As a 15 partner, locally-owned firm, our office is comprised of over 100 professionals who serve companies at all stages of their development from emerging and owner-managed businesses to large private companies, not-for-profit organizations, governments, professionals and individuals.
We are looking for an Accounting Technician to join our growing BT Advantage team. Baker Tilly offers an outstanding environment to continue developing your career by providing challenging and rewarding opportunities, while working in a collaborative and supportive environment.
We are an independent member of Baker Tilly Canada, an entrepreneurial accounting network that fosters a meaningful career and the opportunity to influence tomorrow for your clients, your profession, and your community. Our professionals are encouraged to Be True to their values and ambitions, alongside our shared commitment to building great relationships, great conversations, and great futures.
With member firms from coast to coast, we are one of the country’s largest associations of chartered professional accounting firms. As an international network, we have a longstanding reputation for value-added audit, tax, and advisory solutions.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide accounting support to both clients and internal professional staff
- Assist with preparation of client’s accounts, including payroll and tax remittances
- Perform general bookkeeping duties
- A focus on client solutions including process improvements and automation
- Assist professional staff with year-end client needs
- Interact and communicate with clients throughout the year about their accounting and bookkeeping
A successful candidate will have:
- Completion of a diploma/certificate in Business Administration or Accounting (accounting and bookkeeping experience considered an asset)
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online (QBO), QuickBooks Desktop, Sage 50, Xero, and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to learn new cloud accounting applications and integrations quickly and proficiently
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently
- Keen attention to detail is essential
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a time-sensitive environment with competing deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communications skills