New job Trainer, Ops - BP in Alberta
Trainer, Ops - BP
Company : Canadian Natural
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Trainer, Ops - BP- (2111478)
The Trainer will play a key role in planning and executing training requirements for the Bitumen Production (BP) team. In this role, you will give new and existing employees the knowledge and tools they need to run a safe and productive operating facility. You will utilize your expertise to ensure that operations personnel are trained and qualified in a consistent manner across all operating teams.
- Deliver both written and practical training to shift teams to ensure personnel are fully trained and competent to complete job tasks; ensure all mandatory and regulatory training requirements are met and up to date for the Bitumen Production operating team
- Utilize DCS (Distributed Control System) simulator to ensure control room operators are fully trained and competent to operate BP production facilities
- Arrange personal training programs, schedules and track progress in conjunction with the shift supervisor
- Support the operations team by providing expertise to troubleshoot operational issues and assist in day to day operations activities; Develop training systems and methods of delivery
- Job location: Horizon Oil Sands - Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Company sponsored Fly-in/Fly-out from Calgary or Edmonton
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Shift schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off with rotation starting on Tuesday
Skills & Qualifications:
- Typically, 10+ years of related industry experience, with 5+ years of training experience, and Grade 12 or GED
- Experience providing formal operations training in either a professional or academic environment
- Knowledge of the following would be an asset:
- Froth Feed, IPS (Inclined Plate Settlers), NRU (Naptha Recovery Unit), VRU (Vapor Recovery Unit) and Cyclones process
- Ore Preparation (Wet and Dry), Extraction, Tailings Process and Piping Corridors
- Delta V, PI, AFT Fathom and Ideas Simulation
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd- “Canadian Natural” is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is September 29, 2021. Apply now!