New job Senior Indigenous Advisor in Saskatchewan
Senior Indigenous Advisor
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $8,363 - $10,870 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Energy and Resources develops, coordinates and implements policies and programs to promote the growth and responsible development of the province's natural resources industries. The ministry operates as the primary regulatory authority for the oil and gas industry and ensures competitive royalty systems, regulations and policies for all natural resource sectors. The ministry also plays an important role in promoting Saskatchewan's diverse resource potential to investors around the world.
The ministry is seeking a dynamic, energetic leader to join our leadership team as a Senior Indigenous Advisor. This key position will provide recommendations, advice and consult with Ministry leadership on partnerships, strategies, policies and programs that affect Saskatchewan Indigenous people and communities.
In this rewarding position, your responsibilities will include:
- Advising Ministry leadership in developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with First Nations and Métis organizations and communities as well as federal and provincial stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing engagement processes that ensure Indigenous perspectives and voices are understood when evaluating, developing and implementing programs and services.
- Advising Ministry on issues and strategies to improve Indigenous outcomes ensuring the needs and perspectives of First Nations and Métis people are considered and reflected in programs, services, decisions and direction.
- Leading the development and contributing to the implementation of strategies ensuring actions taken by the Ministry incorporate results and outcomes identified by First Nations and Métis people.
- Supporting the Ministry’s efforts to develop a diverse and inclusive workforce.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a leadership approach that will encourage a culture of innovation and provide necessary direction to facilitate successful change initiatives within the Ministry. You will demonstrate:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of First Nations and Métis people, their cultures, communities, political structures, processes, opportunities and challenges at a local, regional, provincial and national level.
- Superior leadership, negotiation, and highly-developed relationship skills.
- Strong strategic planning and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing and building collaborative relationships and partnerships with First Nations and Métis communities.
- Experience in collaborating with key stakeholders in order to develop and implement new concepts.
- Experience leading difficult and sensitive conversations respectfully.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities required for this position would be obtained through:
- Senior level experience working with Indigenous communities and leaders,
- Completion of a graduate degree in a relevant discipline and/or several years of related experience.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals.
- A competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension.
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO) and other types of leave.
- Inclusive work environments.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Flexible work arrangements.