New job Sales Rep III in Quebec
Sales Rep III
Company : Columbia
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Sales team is looking for a Sales Rep III to join their team, located in Quebec.
This role is responsible for selling company products through resellers in assigned territory. They manage all sales functions for assigned territories to ensure the business grows according to sales projections. This includes account financial planning, assortment planning, developing and implementing sales plans, coordinating special product showings, and working closely with customer service to resolve order issues.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Manage all aspects of the assigned territory by developing and implementing sales strategies that promote the sale and sell through of Columbia product.
- Work closely with retailers to establish appropriate sales goals based on sales history analysis and projected sales trends.
- Meet regularly with Columbia sales management to review sales data and account management.
- Work closely with Columbia departments to coordinate product presentations and provide information on technical aspects of product including design and materials.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external contacts.
- Prospect new business and develop customized growth opportunities for existing accounts.
- Provide accurate and reliable forecasts on or before all internal deadlines.
- Able to portray a compete-to-win attitude. Always striving for pursuit of relentless improvement and development.
- Exhibiting strong presentation skills in formal presentation settings within and outside of the company.
- Able to understand and incorporate all levels of brand marketing plans and concepts into presentation.
- Maintaining positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, staff, and other departments to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of sales experience
- Strong technical proficiency on all sales tools
- Broad knowledge of the outdoor and sportswear industry, territory, sales principles, practices, procedures, and product innovations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with proprietary, private, and confidential information
- The ability to travel including frequent overnight travel
- Flexibility with your schedule including evening meetings and occasional weekend work
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.Columbia Sportswear Canada is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law. Columbia Sportswear Canada provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodations to complete an application, please contact Human Resources CA_HRColumbia@columbia.com or call 519-644-5000 and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.