New job Regional Administrative Assistant - Okotoks/Cochrane/Airdrie/Strathmore (ca in Alberta
Regional Administrative Assistant - Okotoks/Cochrane/Airdrie/Strathmore (ca
Company : Bow Valley College
Salary : $22.05 - $28.76 an hour
Location : Alberta
Regional Administrative Assistant - Okotoks/Cochrane/Airdrie/Strathmore (casual)
Bow Valley College is the largest and fastest growing Comprehensive Community College in Alberta. We have locations across southern Alberta helping 17,000 learners each year. Our mission is to contribute to the vitality of communities and strength of the economy through innovative adult education programs and services which equip students for successful living, lifelong learning, and employment in a global knowledge-based environment.
We are currently hiring for casual support positions at our Airdrie, Cochrane, Okotoks, and Strathmore regional campuses. Hours of work will vary and may include daytime, evening and/or weekend shifts. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until all positions are filled
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Regional Stewardship, the casual Administrative Assistant will provide support to regional learners, staff, and the general public; and assist to promote Bow Valley College regional services and programs.
Supports learners, staff and the general public, and assists to promote Bow Valley College regional services and programs – 50%
- Reception duties, including answering phone calls, walk-in and e-mail inquiries.
- Assists prospective students to navigate through the post-secondary system and provide relevant career information.
- Books and proctors exams.
- Represents Bow Valley College at community events, including high school recruitment fairs and trade shows.
- Processes payments using Moneris machine system, following payment processes.
- Contacts learners to communicate or gather relevant information.
- Advises learners on various procedures and processes and troubleshoots issues as required.
- Maintains information about programs and services and keeps bulletin boards, communication manuals, and information displays up to date and relevant.
- Takes notes of prospective student inquires for programming and services.
Provides administrative support to Associate Dean and regional staff – 50%
- Takes messages for Associate Dean and other regional staff as necessary.
- Tracks prospective learner inquiries and updates data base for reporting and needs assessment analysis.
- Orders various supplies and submits service requests for maintenance of equipment according to operation procedures.
- Takes meeting notes and compiles, when applicable.
- Maintains organization in regional campus spaces.
- Sets up classroom spaces to accommodate meetings.
- Assists with the maintenance of administrative files and records, according to records management guidelines.
- Represents Bow Valley College at meetings or events in the community if requested.
- Provides backup coverage for Regional Campus Administrator when required.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Certificate in Office Administration or equivalent credential
- 2 years’ experience in customer service and/or administrative capacity
- Strong MS Office skills
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered
- Police information check will be required
- Ability to travel
- Experience troubleshooting office and/or educational technology
- Experience working within a post-secondary institution
- Ability to provide excellent client service
- Ability to work independently
Please note these are casual ( AUPE ) positions.
Please note that all successful candidates will be required to provide government issued identification and proof of educational qualifications upon hire and may be required to provide an enhanced police information check.
Minimum Education Requirements
BVC AIRDRIE - CA
BVC COCHRANE - CA
BVC OKOTOKS - CA
BVC Regional - CA (Primary)
BVC STRATHMORE - CA
FTE Per Individual (%)
$22.05 - $28.76 per hour
Job Type: Casual