New job Operations Officer, Administration in Ontario
Operations Officer, Administration
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 119900
Cost Centre: SSG OPERATIONS AND ADMIN
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $1,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Contributes administrative support to the Campus location through direct involvement with the campus population of 1200+ employees and indirectly by providing support to senior management ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Contribute to the overall business objectives of the Campus Operations by being responsible for the day to day support in multiple functions including processing, checking and administrative support to the Campus location.
- Ensuring administrative support and service provided to partners and vendors is consistent with the Banks Service Excellence Standards
- Responsible for providing quality and timely report processing
- Assist in the administration of accounting related responsibilities by acquiring a thorough knowledge of all accounting functions and an expert knowledge of one or more of the following: BCP administration, OHS, Building Management support, Stationery and Forms Management, Expense processing, Key Management, Engraved forms treasury and support for the Iron Mountain activities
- Assists with cafeteria and other rooms setups for events, town halls and other engagement activities in the campus
- Managing email communications through our general mailbox, volume tracking and log inquiries to co-workers for action.
Ensuring service provided to partners is of the highest quality by ensuring that all service level commitments to customers are met or exceeded by:
- Taking full responsibility for all partner enquiries/concerns/complaints directed to him/her by resolving those matters within his/her discretion, to the partners' satisfaction or by referring the partner to the appropriate resource
- Provide feedback and recommendations for improvement in the processes and workflows to the management team
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Skills and Requirements
Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent work experience; post-secondary diploma an asset.
Good working knowledge of EXCEL, Word, and PowerPoint, Intralink, email
Good communication and team focus skills
Strong organizational skills; highly efficient, and able to handle the pressure of working within the SLAs in a high-volume environment.
Strong time management skills, ability to use available resources on hand
Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.