New job MAINTENANCE RECORDS CLERK in Ontario
MAINTENANCE RECORDS CLERK
Company : Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Salary : $24.52 - $28.51 an hour
Location : Ontario
Are you a conscientious and well-organized individual seeking the opportunity to provide essential administrative support in an environment that is unique and challenging? The Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services is looking for a team player who has excellent administrative, communication and analytical skills.
What can I expect to do in this role?In this role, you will:
- provide administrative support to the Aircraft Maintenance Section
- review and maintain technical maintenance records
- liaise with Aviation Section staff government agencies and non-government agencies
- maintain tracking system for aircraft maintenance and flight records
- produce aviation publications and information as required
How do I qualify?
Office Administration Expertise:
- You have thorough knowledge of office administration policies, procedures, budget administration and administrative systems.
- You have knowledge of software programs for statistical analysis, data retrieval, database and programs for research and analytical responsibilities and ability to develop and maintain inventory database.
- You have experience working with paper and electronic record systems in order to maintain database integrity and accuracy.
- You have experience using Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- You have demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with internal and external clients and agencies (e.g. Transport Canada).
- You can respond to inquiries from internal and external clients in person, by telephone, or by email with tact and diplomacy.
- You can compose and proofread correspondence.
- You can work independently and interact effectively in a team environment.
Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills:
- You have decision making skills to identify important issues, taking appropriate action, while maintaining confidentially and positive internal and external relations with clients.
- You have analytical skills to determine nature/urgency of inquiries and to prioritize based on knowledge of subject matter, policies and procedures or by forwarding more complex inquiries.
Time Management and Organization Skills:
- You have demonstrated time management and organizational skills to manage a high volume of work with changing priorities and conflicting demands.
- You have the ability to understand aviation publications and information.
- You have the ability to learn about aircraft types and aircraft components and aviation terminology for fixed and rotary wing aircraft to respond to inquiries and ensure integrity of data.
- 1 Permanent, 475 Airport Rd, Sault Ste Marie, North Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitionsSchedule:
Administrative and Support Services
Friday, September 10, 2021
- N-NR-168639/2021 - OPS commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti- racism: We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.