New job Engineer in Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $5,711 - $7,425 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
Engineer - ENG002212
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Ministry: 023 Energy and Resources
Salary Range: $5,711 - $7,425 Monthly
Salary Supplement: 14%
The Ministry of Energy and Resources is seeking a highly-motivated, confident, and results-oriented engineer to join the Resource Management Branch in Regina. Reporting to a Senior Engineer, you will perform regulatory and petroleum engineering functions with respect to the development of the province’s oil and gas resources. As part of a team, you will evaluate reservoirs for the determination of remaining oil and gas reserves in the province and conduct engineering evaluations of proposals submitted by the petroleum industry. You will participate in developing new or modifying existing regulations and processes.
To qualify for this position, you will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, preferably in the petroleum discipline, and be registered (or provide proof of eligibility for registration) in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan. You will have sound knowledge of and direct experience in petroleum engineering and legislation governing the oil and gas industry.
You will have knowledge of:
- engineering principles and practices related to oil and gas reservoir management and conservation; and
- provincial legislation, regulations, directives, and guidelines governing the oil and gas industry.
You will have demonstrated ability to:
- accurately interpret, understand, and apply provincial legislation, regulations, directives, and guidelines that apply to oil and gas development in the province;
- clearly define problems, and select and apply appropriate methods to analyze and develop sound options and solutions to make recommendations;
- create and generate queries, reports, and documents using word processing, spreadsheets, database programs, and geographic information systems;
- verbally and in writing communicate clearly and accurately to explain complex legislation, policies, and technologies to others including making presentations appropriate for the audience;
- work independently or collaborate as a team member with co-workers, agencies, and others to consistently meet branch objectives and client needs; and
- establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with diverse client groups including industry, other governments and agencies, and the public.
You will be:
- thorough, conscientious, and attentive to detail;
- self-motivated; a forward thinker with a strong work ethic; and
- organized and able to multitask in a high-volume environment.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Hours of Work: M - Monthly Out of Scope
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: Sep 25, 2021, 12:59:00 AM