New job Emergency Planning Leader in Manitoba
Emergency Planning Leader
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $65,288 - $82,064 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Manitoba Agriculture and Resource Development provides an integrated approach to developing agriculture and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary degree in business or science, including agriculture production, agri-resource management, natural resource management, emergency management, finance and economics, or other appropriate discipline. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience in emergency management, including coordinating with emergency operation centres and using incident command systems
- Ability to interpret policies, practices and regulations related to emergency measures, preparedness and response
- Ability to apply strong judgement and decision making skills in emergency situations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment including building and maintaining effective relationships with industry stakeholders/partners
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities in tight timeframes
- Experience handling confidential, controversial and sensitive material in a professional, responsible manner
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to prepare analytical and authority-seeking documents for decision makers
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate and facilitate discussions between different groups, and adjust communication style based on the target audience
- Knowledge of one or more business areas within Agriculture and Resource Development’s mandate, including but not limited to agriculture, forestry, wildlife/fisheries, water management, lands management, mining, or supply chain
Reporting to the Manager, Strategy Management, this position leads the department in emergency management services (e.g. emergency planning, responding and recovering) and provides consulting assistance to industry stakeholders across Manitoba relating to disaster or emergency conditions.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.