New job Customer Support and System Trainer - CMS in Manitoba
Customer Support and System Trainer - CMS
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general supervision of the Business & Customer Support Services Coordinator of the Community Development and Recreation Services Division, the Customer Support & System Trainer is responsible for internal and external customer support, user training, and functional testing. As a super user of the Community Services registration system, the Customer Support & System Trainer is the point of contact for internal users requiring assistance to complete tasks or transactions and helps users mitigate potential issues. Where issues arise that the Customer Support & System Trainer cannot help, they will consult with the supervisor and/or contact IT/IS Support, or create a case with the system vendor, or do both.
A significant portion of the position is dedicated to selecting training materials and facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods such as conducting classroom instruction, virtual training or on the job coaching. Additionally, the super user will conduct system/program related analysis and research, perform user acceptance testing, test cases, record results and update approved scripts. The super user is an administrator for creating user profiles and editing system permissions as required. Given the position interacts with the business and customers daily, the Customer Support & System Trainer will assist with documenting business processes and provide recommendations for continuous improvement, and other duties as assigned.
As the Customer Support & Systems Trainer you will:
- Provide internal training on the use and functionality of the registration system.
- Provide customer support for the registration system.
- Assist with registration system related assignments and analysis.
- Perform functional (system) testing.
- Perform administrative functions related to the registration system.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 12 – High School graduation or an equivalent combination of training experience and education will be considered. A certificate or diploma or courses related to the area of work, e.g. Adult and Continuing Education, Information Systems or Business Analysis is desirable.
- Courses or workshops in technical writing, creating user manuals or support documents for business, government or industry is desirable.
- Certificate or diploma in adult learning within 6 years or equivalent experience in conducting adult training/education.
- Three (3) years of prior related work experience.
- Three years of experience working in a Customer Service Support systems environment.
- Experience utilizing a customer information/account or payment system.
- Ability in providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to learn specialized software applications with ease.
- Proficiency and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically, Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) in order to create and maintain documents and spreadsheets, update presentations and communicate with customers/staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to make formal and informal presentations.
- Experience in training/familiarizing new staff with a business system while incorporating business policy, practices and procedures.
- Experience with designing training materials including user manuals, quick reference guides and support documentation.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and requests and escalate potential or realized issues within a system.
- Ability to act quickly and respond to unexpected system deficiencies.
- Ability to facilitate small groups of people for training purposes.
- Experience or ability to research system functionality, and document test scenarios and recommend script updates.
- Ability to effectively work with people in a wide variety of circumstances, including diffusing a potentially upset customer.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and respectful working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- A general understanding of the municipal political and administrative environment.
- Ability and willingness to work varied hours.
- Experience creating business reports using system data.
- Must be bondable.
- Willingness to participate and complete departmental and divisional required training.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check (Vulnerable Sector) Satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense. To obtain a Police Information Check please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented