New job Corporate Accountant in Ontario
Company : Brookfield Asset Management
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with approximately US$625 billion of assets under management across real estate, infrastructure, renewable power, private equity and credit. Brookfield owns and operates long-life assets and businesses, many of which form the backbone of the global economy. Utilizing its global reach, access to large-scale capital and operational expertise, Brookfield offers a range of alternative investment products to investors around the world—including public and private pension plans, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, insurance companies and private wealth investors. Brookfield Asset Management is listed on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the symbol BAM and BAM.A respectively.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the Corporate Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records of a group of companies within the BAM Corporate structure.
The responsibilities for this position would include, among other things:
Take ownership over corporate entities for which you are responsible for completing tasks that include the following:
- Daily preparation and recording of journal entries;
- Monthly accounts receivable billing;
- Monthly bank reconciliations;
- Monthly loans and securities reconciliations;
- Preparation of step memos and fund flows for large or complex transactions.
- Compile information on audit queries;
- Communicate with various Brookfield business groups to reconcile intercompany transactions;
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly financial results, reporting packages and financial statements;
- Various special duties as assigned by senior personnel.
This position offers excellent opportunities in a dynamic environment. To qualify, candidates must have:
- Post-secondary education, professional accounting designation completed (CPA or equivalent) or intent to pursue a career in accounting;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant accounting experience;
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task;
- Attention to detail;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools;
- Self-motivated individual with strong communication skills (written and oral);
- Works well in a highly fast-paced environment with firm deadlines.
At Brookfield, we care about your privacy and strive to protect Applicant Data throughout the recruitment process. To that end, information that we gather from applicants via job postings, is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring. For more details, we encourage applicants to read Brookfield's Applicant Data Protection and Privacy Notice, found on our website: